What's everyone's favourite car shampoo/wash

Bems

I'd recommend:

Britemax

Duragloss 901

Hubikote Hubiwash

Autobrite Banana Gloss

All good value - particularly the britemax - and very good.

Essentially though anything without a 'wax' element to it

Yep exactly that, you dont want a shampoo laying down some poor substitute wax element as you wash it.

Yeah the reality being smears and probably 1 days protection

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If that. I've seen some that wash straight off at the first sight of rain, with the weather being what it is these days you'd be lucky to get an hours protection from it. :lol: However, some are considerably better than others.

BTW, Britemax contains gloss enhancers. ;)

I'd recommend:

Britemax

Duragloss 901

Hubikote Hubiwash

Autobrite Banana Gloss

All good value - particularly the britemax - and very good.

Essentially though anything without a 'wax' element to it

Yep exactly that, you dont want a shampoo laying down some poor substitute wax element as you wash it.

And silicone, I was amazed at how many cleaning products contain silicone to make the car 'shine'

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeah so does Banana Gloss - but unless washing in hot sun I've never had an issue with either...

I'd say that for value the britemax probably tips it

Oh, I agree, Poorboys contains some as well, but I've never had any problems with either Britemax or Poorboys and I think they're both excellent shampoos (I've not tried Banana Gloss though). Even in the sun I've not had any problems so long as it doesn't dry out but that's the same for all shampoos.

• 2 weeks later...

I see people chose from a wide range of products. Can anyone tell me what people expect to gain from using a premium shampoo? I understand waxing a polishing but not sure what a quality shampoo is supposed do? I.e would I notice a difference washing my car down with warm water over washing it down with gold class or something similar?

I see people chose from a wide range of products. Can anyone tell me what people expect to gain from using a premium shampoo? I understand waxing a polishing but not sure what a quality shampoo is supposed do? I.e would I notice a difference washing my car down with warm water over washing it down with gold class or something similar?

If you use glossworkz there is a noticeable difference, my car gets washed that often it is never really dirty, so I want shampoo that will not remove too much polish and will give a good gloss

Maxi suds and glossworkz I use but really glossworkz is not a shampoo it's a gloss enhancer and paint cleanser, that's why I have maxi suds for when it does need a wash

You'll get no lubrication with just water, so you will inflict marring. A good shampoo will also clean more efficiently/effectively too so yes, you will notice a difference between using a shampoo and just water, but you might also notice differences between shampoos too; some clean better, some lubricate better, some add gloss enhancers, some add protection, some gives lots of suds, some just smell nice.

For me, the two main things a shampoo must do is firstly remove dirt effectively, and secondly be well lubricated whilst doing that - I like a shampoo that feels nice and slick on the paint over one that gives loads of suds in the bucket/on the panel. On the odd occasion I may also want something that leaves a decent gloss but most of the time I don't, as such my choice of shampoo is usually dictated by the LSP on the car. Which shampoo does what best though is quite subjective, as shown in this thread.

I've used gold class for years and recently swapped to chemical guys mr pink and mr pink deffinatly comes out on top in my opinion .. It feels much slicker between the wash mit and paint than gold class.

Tom

• 1 month later...

i use meguiars ultimate wash and wax

excellent shine and water beading :)

Was thinking about getting this once my megs gold class finishes. I'd love to wash and wax everytime, but sometimes I don't have the time and I'd like to give the car a good wash whilst maintaining the wax too...

• 4 weeks later...

Tbh, I don't think I've ever used a bad shampoo. Some are different than others, but bad? Nope.

This ^

I normally spend 8+ hours washing/detailing my car. Yesterday I had ran out of my usual products so just gave it a quick wash and dry with some cheap turtlewax shapmoo + wax in one.

It took 15 minutes and looked 95% as good as what it does when I spend the whole day on it. Dont get me wrong i love spending a day detailing the car but it get get me thinking....