What's everyone's favourite car shampoo/wash

Bems

Tbh, I don't think I've ever used a bad shampoo. Some are different than others, but bad? Nope.

This ^

I normally spend 8+ hours washing/detailing my car. Yesterday I had ran out of my usual products so just gave it a quick wash and dry with some cheap turtlewax shapmoo + wax in one.

It took 15 minutes and looked 95% as good as what it does when I spend the whole day on it. Dont get me wrong i love spending a day detailing the car but it get get me thinking....

8hrs! Flirk me.
  • Like 1

Tbh, I don't think I've ever used a bad shampoo. Some are different than others, but bad? Nope.

This ^

I normally spend 8+ hours washing/detailing my car. Yesterday I had ran out of my usual products so just gave it a quick wash and dry with some cheap turtlewax shapmoo + wax in one.

It took 15 minutes and looked 95% as good as what it does when I spend the whole day on it. Dont get me wrong i love spending a day detailing the car but it get get me thinking....

8hrs! Flirk me.

Indeed. Slacker! :p

I've just tried DoDo juice Sour Power as I was interested in whether the added gloss made much of a difference.

Tbh I couldn't see much more of a shine than when I used Born to be Mild but I do like the apple type smell of the Sour :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just ordered some blackfire shampoo. Not cheap but love their other products so thought I would try it.

Verdict Mike, any good?

I like it but not sure its worth the money. Not a fan of Dodo shampoos. Still think best shampoo which takes into account value is Duragloss 903

• Like 1

When I bought the car I thought I was doing well making a trip to halfords and buying auto-glym and car plan stuff. Actually glad i've nearly used all of it so I can move onto the Auto Finesse and Dodo Juice goodies i've been piling up.

I see people chose from a wide range of products. Can anyone tell me what people expect to gain from using a premium shampoo? I understand waxing a polishing but not sure what a quality shampoo is supposed do? I.e would I notice a difference washing my car down with warm water over washing it down with gold class or something similar?

You'll get no lubrication with just water, so you will inflict marring. A good shampoo will also clean more efficiently/effectively too so yes, you will notice a difference between using a shampoo and just water, but you might also notice differences between shampoos too; some clean better, some lubricate better, some add gloss enhancers, some add protection, some gives lots of suds, some just smell nice.

For me, the two main things a shampoo must do is firstly remove dirt effectively, and secondly be well lubricated whilst doing that - I like a shampoo that feels nice and slick on the paint over one that gives loads of suds in the bucket/on the panel. On the odd occasion I may also want something that leaves a decent gloss but most of the time I don't, as such my choice of shampoo is usually dictated by the LSP on the car. Which shampoo does what best though is quite subjective, as shown in this thread.

hmm where's this going ;)

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Dodo juice too and have been using BTBM however I've just started using Durogloss 901. Its the best shampoo I've used by a landslide

What makes it so much better out of interest? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foams better, better lubrication and it gives a really deep shine imo of course :thumbs: