Michael Schumacher out of hospital and coma

neo

Out of hospital and out of a coma but they are saying nothing as usual. They are clearly taking it one step at a time and will only release news when it suits them. No doubt there will be another slew of rumour and speculation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-27868787

Don't think we will hear anything else official for a while. :blush:

The location of Schumacher's rehabilitation is being kept secret to respect his privacy, and it is not expected that there will be any further updates about his exact condition imminently.

Didn't stay a secret for long where Michael is.. :surrender:

Michael Schumacher is out of a coma and has left hospital in Grenoble. The 7 time Formula 1 champion had been in a medically induced coma since suffering a severe head injury in a skiing accident in December. His family say that he’s now been transferred Laussane University Hospital in Switzerland and have thanked fans for messages of support.

Not sure it is good news from what I have read. I think if it was me I would rather have not woken up...

Sent from the golf club...

If it was you, I'm sure there are a few people on here that would wish you hadn't woken up as well. :stir::D;)

Not me I like you. :lol::wave:

• Like 4

Hope this is not true..!!!

It's feared Michael Schumacher's medical records have been stolen and offered for sale to the highest bidder according to a statement from his management. The 45-year-old was recently relocated to a medical facility nearer his Swiss home after spending almost seven months in a coma at France's Grenoble hospital where the files are believed to have been taken from. His management said in a statement that any attempt to make the contents publicly available would result in criminal charges. "For several days stolen documents and data are being offered for sale. The offeror claims them to be the medical file of Michael Schumacher," it reads. "We cannot judge if these documents are authentic. However, the documents are clearly stolen. The theft has been reported. The authorities are involved. "We expressly advise that both the purchase and the publication of such documents and data is forbidden. "The contents of any medical files are totally private and confidential and must not made available to the public. "We will therefore, in every single case, press for criminal charges and damages against any publication of the content or reference to the medical file." Its believed the records have been offered to several media outlets and could reveal the exact state Schumacher is currently in as statements have so far failed to shed much light on his conditions.

• 2 months later...

Michael Schumacher on Road to Recovery (Latest).

Michael Schumacher's medical progress showed that the legendary racer's condition is on the way to recovery following an unfortunate skiing accident in the French Alps in December.

After having spent six months in an induced coma, the racer left the CHU Grenoble in France to continue his rehabilitation. He was later transferred to the University Hospital of Lausanne in Switzerland, a medical facility located close to his family.

Except for the information stated above, Schumacher's management and camp hasn't yet released any updates about his present condition.

Mercedes-Benz, the racing star's long-time sponsor confirmed that they will not withdraw their support to the champion despite the unlikely events.

"We have given no thoughts to changing something in his contract," Daimler chairman Dieter Zetshe said.

In the later part of July, Schumacher's wife, Corinna, has recently placed the F1 driver's grey Falcon 2000EX private jet for sale at $26.8 million. The aircraft is seen capable of carrying eight passengers and flying at 600 miles per hour. Its tail bears a personal insigna of the 45-year-old racer.

Sources that are close to the family speculated that the wife's decision could mean that the "world of the Schumachers has changed."

Meanwhile, news on the death of the alleged suspect who stole Schumacher's medical records has been released. It stated that the purported thief was of German nationality and has only been identified by authorities as "AK."

"AK" was found hanged in his cell in Zurich of what has been speculated as an act of suicide. Former colleagues of the late gave testimony of the man's rather clean background. According to IBTimes, the lack of further leads or evidences to advance the case might force the prosecutors to close the proceedings.

Michael Schumacher still holds the record of being the greatest Formula One racer with 155 podium positions, 1566 points, 308 Grand Prix entries, and seven world championships under his belt.

• Like 4

It's no real update though*, his private jet is up for sale but even the pasted information has stated that those in the know haven't given any more information.

It's just trying to make news based on a sale of a jet which probably hasn't been used this year and is just depreciating.... :shrug:

*not a pop at you Will as I know you like theost of is are hoping to hear positive news soon.

• Like 1

It's no real update though*, his private jet is up for sale but even the pasted information has stated that those in the know haven't given any more information.

It's just trying to make news based on a sale of a jet which probably hasn't been used this year and is just depreciating.... :shrug:

*not a pop at you Will as I know you like theost of is are hoping to hear positive news soon.

I know there is nothing new there, but it's the latest update there is,

but at least a post like this keep Micheal's name in peoples memory.

Seven Times World F1 Champion gets forgotten because there is no startling update news to comment on. :surrender:

Lets just stick a post on this thread at least to stop him from been forgotten.

Last one on here was on the 25th June, :surrender: :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill

Will as I said it wasn't aimed at you but more the practice of the majority "news" outlets. And as you haven't pasted a link I've no idea of the source and if it's even remotely reputable or in the know.

They were trying to insinuate the fact his her is up for sale means he won't be needing it. That's utter tosh, it's an expensive item and costs a lot of money not to be used so I'd be selling it too.

Also what's to say his family haven't got another on order?

I'd sooner them be up front and say "no news from Michael's family but our thoughts are with him".

I do on the other hand welcome the news that Mercedes have confirmed they are still supporting him and nothing there has changed :thumbs:

• Like 1

Agree entirely, I'm sure people A, won't forget Michael Schumacher, if the family have chosen to keep silent then that is their decision and we should respect that, which leads to B, there currently is no news it would seem, so maybe it's a good idea not to post anything here regarding "news" until there is something worthwhile and credible to read instead of some gossip peddled by who knows who from who knows where.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

An update from his manager today:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29130742

I guess it's good news he's in his home but the "long and difficult road" still sounds ominous.

Apologies if that last bit came across as rather negative, it wasn't meant to be. It's great he's home with his family but I guess we are all still in hope he makes a full recovery and can get on with his life as quickly as possible.

Yes that's a step in the right direction Mark, would be good to see.

Wishing him a full speedy recovery. :thumbs: :thumbs:

read this today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/11084525/Michael-Schumacher-to-undergo-rehabilitation-at-home-nine-months-after-skiing-fall-left-former-F1-driver-in-coma.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...