No power, Just revs

Joey1990

Hey, no idea what's happened as i drove it last night and it was fine, Got in it thismorning, i can't seem to go very far, Doesn't even need throttle to pull off, when i try accelerating the revs just build, eventually it gets up to some kind of speed and then seems like it finds traction, but accelerating is almost impossible. It goes into gear fine... Any idea's guys? Any help greatly appreciated, no garage seems to be open. typical timing.

Yeah Clutch mate... although mine was at the last bit of biting and i thought the flywheel would be dead too but on further inspection at infiniti they told me my dual mass flywheel was fine, but I upgraded to lightweight flywheel anyway and havent looked back! It would be rude not to since your changing your clutch anyway ;)

Edited by SkylineV35

What lightweight flywheel would you reccomend? i've had a look but not many are available that i can see? cheers.

Did you not have any luck with your warranty then?

We sell the excellent Competition Clutch lightweight flywheel http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/Single-Mass-Ultra-Lightweight-Flywheel/6.3-kgs/2-350Z-STU

Had no luck with the dealer no, he was an idiot.

Been looking around for prices now, and www.carparts4less.co.uk seems to be most reasonable.. Exedy clutch for £246.99 INC VAT, And an LUK dual mass flywheel for £248.99.. Anybody know anywhere else that might be competitive to that?

If the clutch is slipping in every gear, but not making any horrible noises, check the master and slave cylinder are ok, I had a mx5 and I thought the clutch was knackered, spend £16 on a slave and it was as good as new. Just a thought mate.

Agreed - surely you would have had symptoms build up over time if it was the clutch. I've never heard of one just stop working. I would say it's more likely to be a fluid issue. Is yours an HR (07+)? I think there was an issue with the Master cylinder which is housed inside the clutch housing or something like that? Search on here for threads by Greekman, as he had that issue i think.