Re-trimmed wheel

andywatson

My god I so want to do this! How hard is it to remove steering wheel? wish he wasnt so far way as I cant send my steering wheel off to him. Anyone know of a grotty spare wheel for sale?

You have the option of an exchange deal with Jack, £50 refundable deposit on delivery of your old wheel back to him

Back home from a successful trip to Jacks (who has a garage STACKED with steering wheels!).

Fitting all went well - same spec as others (perforated sides, smooth top/bottom, black stitching) BUT I had chosen +4mm rather than the standard +2mm. If you have small hands you might find it too thick - but I love the chunky padded feel - def improves the driving experience.

David

Retrimmedwheel2.jpg

Retrimmedwheel1.jpg

David

• Like 1

There were some superb examples of Jack's work in his garage.

BMW wheel with two tone MPower stitching, wheels with alcantara, wheels with part alcantara/part leather.

If you can think of I suspect Jack can make it - the quality of his workmanship is superb and he is a jolly nice chap too!

Thanks to Any (the OP) for making his services known to us.

David

Is it a big job to remove the wheel in the first place? What tools are needed etc? These wheels do look superb!

You need a security bit to remove 2 brass screws each side then its easy, plastic comes off, air bag out (carefully) then a big bolt...

Personally I would do something with the silver bits round the steering wheel buttons, that plastic is nasty, wrap it or something...

Sent from the golf club...

Personally I would do something with the silver bits round the steering wheel buttons, that plastic is nasty, wrap it or something...

Exactly what I plan to do! Wrap or Plastidip them.

:thumbs:

They really look out of place in my opinion and nasty material :yuck:

Sent from the golf club...

There were some superb examples of Jack's work in his garage.

BMW wheel with two tone MPower stitching, wheels with alcantara, wheels with part alcantara/part leather.

If you can think of I suspect Jack can make it - the quality of his workmanship is superb and he is a jolly nice chap too!

Thanks to Any (the OP) for making his services known to us.

David

No worries and thanks Dave, glad you are pleased