descent tyres at normal price?

ddcboyle

Looking for some good tyres without the pro price tag. From what i can see, supersports are seen as the best. Only issue for me is the 170 pricetag. Are there any tyres around the 100 mark that are still quite good? Had the verdesteins on, and after a year their "okay", as soon as they lose a bit of tread they become useless.

Main concern is in the rain, i dont track car and only really play with it on straight roads. At the moment im finding the verds kick out alot when im driving normally.

So, alternatives to the michelin SS as itd just be a waste me spending that amount when i drive like a girl round corners and just want some grip in dry and rain.

Iv had the Avon,s on the focus ST and only just removed them from my nissan because I up graded the alloys. But for around 115£ fitted I was very happy. Iv just put Toyo's all round on the new alloys. But loads to pick from out there just remember keep all the tyres the same on the car it helps with the handling :-)

http://www.tyretraders.com/tyresearchresults.aspx?width=225&ratio=40&rim=18&man=All&flat=False&filter=Price&ftype=Ascending&pricing=1&cat=All&speed=All&Loading=All&tyreType=All

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

If you're lacking confidence in the wet, then I certainly wouldn't mix tyres. You may well find that a new pair of matching rears solves your issues: That said, I found the VUS lacking in ultimate grip but very communicative, so it was easy to play with the balance.

Try Kumho Ecsta. I've just picked a pair of brand new tyres up for the rear (275/35-19) for just over £200 delivered (was a special offer though).

With the new EU tyre labelling rules, most of the 'branded' tyres score a B or C rating for wet grip. The Kumho are rated as 'A'. The ydo get good reviews for a 'budget' tyre too.

• Like 1

Buy the Michelins.

Expensive but keep you out of ditches. Sounds reasonable to me.

+1.

Why skimp & try to save money on tyre's that ultimately will make your car better in the wet which is what you where concerned with Op.

Try Funky tyres. Good prices on MPSS at the moment for forum members. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79362-michelin-pilot-super-sports/

225/45/18 95Y Michelin Super Sport - £152 each inc postage

245/45/18 100Y Michelin Super Sport - £159 each inc postage

• Like 1

DONT BUY Falkens, theyre good when new, but with tyres you generally get what you pay for. had 453s on my Z and a previous car as well as different falkens on another car.

road noise is horrendous for a start

After a while, they suck, the grip goes out the window, and they blow up... had one rupture at the side for no apparent reason, even the guy at my local tyre centre was like WTF scratching his head :bangin: , and another came egg shaped when i got it, had to complain to falken and they were not to helpful (but did change it)

also i think they are bad on fuel economy, but then most performance tires are...

toyos rock ,everyone says they have a bad lifespan, but the people who buy toyos generally have a lot of bhp :teeth:

• Like 1

I run kumho ecsta ku31's on my 19's for road use. Very impressed for the price but going to swap them out in the New Year for supersports.

At the time I was looking at tyres the ps2's were hard to come by and the m3 guys were talking about the ku31. Good all round tyre with good feedback. For the money I would say they are a decent budget tyre.

They're also wearing very well after being put through there paces on a hot track day and some extremely enthusiastic driving on back roads

• Like 1

DONT BUY Falkens, theyre good when new, but with tyres you generally get what you pay for. had 453s on my Z and a previous car as well as different falkens on another car.

After a while, they suck, the grip goes out the window, and they blow up... had one rupture at the side for no apparent reason, even the guy at my local tyre centre was like WTF scratching his head :bangin: , and another came egg shaped when i got it, had to complain to falken and they were not to helpful (but did change it)

also i think they are bad on fuel economy, but then most performance tires are...

toyos rock ,everyone says they have a bad lifespan, but the people who buy toyos generally have a lot of bhp :teeth:

Plus one on the Toyo's :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Falken 453's in 19" and find the noise level to be better than the Bridgestones that were on the car when i bought it and grip levels are good wet or dry

I have Falken 453's on the back that came with the car. They have 4mm remaining and I wouldn't trust them in the wet as far as I could throw them. Have had quite a few WAHAY! moments with them. Plan to replace them with Goodyear EfficientGrips (like the recently replaced fronts) at the end of Jan. They are proper sticky.

At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinions on tyres. It's probably the most divisive topic on the forum! :teeth: