Shipping a TV???

Sarnie

Guys,

Can anyone help with this?

I have won a TV on ebay and trying to organise shipping. I had booked a courier (City Link) via Interparcel but I got an email stating that a TV wouldn't be insured meaning they could deliver me a smashed up TV and there'd be no come back.

I subsequently cancelled the courier but was then told the same by Parcel2Go & Paisley Freight.....

Any suggestions anyone?

Liam :)

Guys,

Can anyone help with this?

I have won a TV on ebay and trying to organise shipping. I had booked a courier (City Link) via Interparcel but I got an email stating that a TV wouldn't be insured meaning they could deliver me a smashed up TV and there'd be no come back.

I subsequently cancelled the courier but was then told the same by Parcel2Go & Paisley Freight.....

Any suggestions anyone?

Liam :)

Good Luck... :scare: :scare:

We are Amazon Prime Business customers. We buy from Amazon almost daily and the service is BRILLIANT with items arriving on time (or even early!) on every occasion UNLESS the item is sent via Citylink. Latest (of many) examples... Friday 8th, Printer blows up, order new one immediately on Amazon with guaranteed Saturday 9th delivery. No show on Saturday, surely not?? Track parcel? Oh GOD!!! It's been sent by CITYLINK!!! :-/ Mon 11th... nothing, Tues 12th... nothing, Weds 13th (as expected - as ALWAYS!!!) tracking shows 'attempted delivery, no-one there, left card' LIES! as ALWAYS!!! Called Citylink, half hour hold, "You parcel went to SHEFFIELD" (we are in Canterbury) "which is why it was late" explained that (as ALWAYS!) driver had lied re. 'attempted delivery' (ahem) girl checked and amazingly AGREED! said item was out for delivery today, but hadn't been loaded on the van so was now scheduled for tomorrow! (Thurs 14th). Speechless, HATE this USELESS Company who take incompetence and 'couldn't give a ****' to a whole new level! GRRRRR!!! Need a ZERO stars button on here! :-/

give or take 100 miles each way, could you not drive up if you have a car big enough to fit the TV into? at least then you know it's packed safely and not getting chucked about in a van.

I doubt it would fit in the back of a convertible M3 :lol:

I would consider picking it up but it's half a day at least. Would much prefer to just find a courier who will take responsibilty if they smash it up......

Is it new in original packaging?

Have you tried Royal Mail special delivery? As silly and obvious as that sounds, they've insured carbon fibre parts for me in the past as well as headlights etc.

Tarmac uses DHL at he sends a fair few fragile body parts etc.

No Couriers will insure any type of LCD screen. Because of the delicacy of the electronics where even 1 loose wire can render the item completely useless they wont touch them. A private courier for that sort of distance will cost you £200 or so but will fully insure the item and deliver it the same day.

I have used Parcel Monkey and they were fine . :thumbs:

Parcel monkey and paisley freight both generally use City link. They aren't actually delivering your stuff they are just like a broker or middle man.

If you have the cash a man in a van might be your next best option.

I have used Parcel Monkey and they were fine . :thumbs:

Parcel monkey and paisley freight both generally use City link. They aren't actually delivering your stuff they are just like a broker or middle man.

If you have the cash a man in a van might be your next best option.

With Paisley I think it varies from area to area, I use them a lot and they sub their stuff out to an independent guy down here for collections who then delivers to the depot of the company that Paisley prefer at the recipient's end, I know that includes Shitty Link & TNT.