Winter is here and I miss the Zed...

spursmaddave

Well I have to admit that now the winter weather is here and the roads are cold and wet I am missing how sure footed my Zed was....

I very rarely had a hairy moment in the Zed in all the time I had it, in all weathers inc ice & snow but the Jaaaaaag is proving to be another beast altogether....

Even in wafty mode (D) anything more than a very gentle controller tippy tap if the fast peddle results in rear end wiggle :drive1:

It is mostly due to the absolutely shocking standard Dunlop tyres I am sure, plenty of tread but just woeful in the wet :surrender:

Anyway if you see a white Jag going sideways it will probably be me :teeth:

Sent from the golf club...

That explains why all those old fogies in their jags go so slowly ;)

More seriously I'm sure tyres would make a big difference

Haha who are you calling an old fogey :wheelchair::boxing: I suppose if the cap fits.... :lol:

Yeah tyres will make a massive difference and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I can get MPPS in my staggered sizes :yahoo:

Although the price maybe isn't something to get too excited about :blackeye:

Edited by spursmaddave

Pass me your tyre sizes and I can get a quote from my local in Chiswick.

I paid £1,100 I think including fitting for the 19's. That's MPSS2's.

I'm still learning what grip levels I have and so far I keep pushing and nothing is letting go, even the over sensitive TC stays off.

I also had an S Type R..think I had continental sport contacts on it and found it much less likely to slide the rear than the z even in sport mode. I think it comes down to tyres but also clearly one can change up earlier and not accelerate so hard and the z won't slide at all.... I love my z but often miss the Jag...was a great place to sit and a great drive even if it was a bit old fashioned inside and out. Heated screen, auto lights, touch screen nav and memory seats, pedals and mirrors were nice (not so old fashioned maybe!)..plus the auto box in traffic.

Pass me your tyre sizes and I can get a quote from my local in Chiswick.

I paid £1,100 I think including fitting for the 19's. That's MPSS2's.

I'm still learning what grip levels I have and so far I keep pushing and nothing is letting go, even the over sensitive TC stays off.

Fronts are 255/35/20

Rears are 285/30/20

I have had a quote of £1,140 fitted from very nearby ;)

Just some banter and a bit of a craic flexi :console: I still go along to Z meets because I like the owners and the cars ;)

Sometimes though it seems since you got that gokart you is always slaggin us off. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.

Yeah I still have respect for the Zed I loved mine and anyone that knows me knows that, I didn't get bored with it either it just got too much to drive day in /day out...

Tyres are not much dearer than for the Zed, the MPPS for example are not much more for my 20's than for 350/370z with 19's...