Winter is here and I miss the Zed...

spursmaddave

I know! Maybe I should change my username to evilcoldel?

Seriously though apologies, only had a jest because it was Daves thread who I have met enough times to have a joke with...I think! The fact that I attended meets in a beat up old ford focus for 8 months and organised one without actually being a zed owner I am pretty sure shows I respect the car and their owners!

Peace.

I'll change my sig then :)

Missed you.

Missed you too!

No ones missing me :cry:

Coldel - my theory is you will be back in Zedland at some point B) The thing about the Vx/Lotus go-karts is that they really grab you in a fanatical way for a certain period of time. With my S1, I was totally obsessed for about 2 years and then it all vanished at a stroke - but I'm still really glad I did it. Having said that, the first person I met at near Backontrack in Guildford had owned his S1 from new and had done 145,000 miles in it....it's the exception that proves the rule.

SMD - Winter tyres? :lol:

Edited by NeilMH

I'll change my sig then :)

Missed you.

Missed you too!

No ones missing me :cry:

Coldel - my theory is you will be back in Zedland at some point B) The thing about the Vx/Lotus go-karts is that they really grab you in a fanatical way for a certain period of time. With my S1, I was totally obsessed for about 2 years and then it all vanished at a stroke - but I'm still really glad I did it. Having said that, the first person I met at near Backontrack in Guildford had owned his S1 from new and had done 145,000 miles in it....it's the exception that proves the rule.

SMD - Winter tyres? :lol:

Maybe winters next year, I should have pulled my finger out and flogged my spare 20's with tyres, they are on ebay now :blush:

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave

Indeed Neil, you may be more perceptive than most :ninja:

The plan was never to sit on one car for years, I want to spend the next few years going through owning a number of sports/sporty cars - but it all started with the Zed!

Fed up of the roller skate already, or just can't cope with the cold? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/vx220/vauxhall-vx220-2-2-na/1860026

:lol: actually its very cozy, was out in it Sunday morning, 3 degrees out - it has the lined roof and better heater piping and I was out in the car in Jeans and T-Shirt :thumbs:

But no, not fed up with it, love it still in fact - took me over a week to write the ad and gutted to post it up last night. Just want to try out a few more cars, plus looking for something I can go for a drive in where I can take my son also who is now 21 months old.

Pass me your tyre sizes and I can get a quote from my local in Chiswick.

I paid £1,100 I think including fitting for the 19's. That's MPSS2's.

I'm still learning what grip levels I have and so far I keep pushing and nothing is letting go, even the over sensitive TC stays off.

Fronts are 255/35/20

Rears are 285/30/20

I have had a quote of £1,140 fitted from very nearby ;)

Sent from the golf club...

Can't beat that price mate, well done. I really don't know how I got all my bits so cheap, must have missed something off.