They shouldn't be on the road..!!!

WhackyWill

Is it April 1st..They do this anyway..!! :angry: :angry:

Paris began a trial in which cyclists would be allowed to carry straight on, or turn right at a small number of traffic lights in the city - even if they were red. The scheme extended what was already common practice in much of the Netherlands and Belgium, where cyclists can turn right (it would be left in the UK) at a red light as standard.

The Parisian authorities say the trial has been a success and that discussions about extending the scheme to the rest of the city are now under way.

Cyclists who jump red lights illegally in the UK already cause both drivers and pedestrians to seethe with anger, but could relaxing the law in certain cases make the roads any safer?

"As long as pedestrian safety was considered... we would give it a cautious welcome," says Cavenett, who stresses that sufficient evidence needs to be gathered before a similar trial is undertaken in London.

Edited by WhackyWill

Paris began a trial in which cyclists would be allowed to carry straight on, or turn right at a small number of traffic lights in the city - even if they were red. The scheme extended what was already common practice in much of the Netherlands and Belgium, where cyclists can turn right (it would be left in the UK) at a red light as standard.

The Parisian authorities say the trial has been a success and that discussions about extending the scheme to the rest of the city are now under way.

Cyclists who jump red lights illegally in the UK already cause both drivers and pedestrians to seethe with anger, but could relaxing the law in certain cases make the roads any safer?

"As long as pedestrian safety was considered... we would give it a cautious welcome," says Cavenett, who stresses that sufficient evidence needs to be gathered before a similar trial is undertaken in London.

Mental. :scare::angry:

Mental. :scare::angry:

Not sure about straight on, but turning right makes total sense, it's like cars turning right on red in California. America's single greatest contribution to the world, after amazeballz.

• Like 2

This just does my head in, I'm driving along in town at 30 MPH, suddenly the car in front slows to 5 MPH, no indicators

just slows to an almost full stop, then accelerates away again, so were back up to 30 MPH, then does the same slowing down

and accelerating, this goes on for about half a mile....It turns out they are looking for a side road using an A to Z...USE A SAT NAV..Its not that

difficult to understand and its free on your smart phone..!!! Get into the 21st Century..!!! :rant: :rant:

^^ That so reminds me of shopping in Asda's the other weekend. :scare::lol: People just suddenly stopping dead in front of me as I'm walking. :angry:

You shop at Asda..I'm not surprised then..!!

At Selfridges, Harrods or Harvey Nicks at least you get hand signals... whatever3.gifwhatever3.gifwhatever3.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a 1 hour drive in town this eve, apart from the usual "knobs" who don't give a sh1t about

rules, I'm amazed about the number of cars with just one headlight or none, just side lights.. Is it because they buy

cheap Chinese bulbs from fleaBay that last a week or so or is it they cannot be bothered to change a bulb

until the next MOT, Old Bill don't seem to bother about lights now days..!! :scare: :scare:

Get's on my nerves too ~ can't believe people don't check there light's more often.

At least that's the way it seems as I too always see drivers with headlight's gone, no brake lights etc etc. Funny though how there bl**dy fog lights always seem to work. :angry:;)

• Like 1

Anybody else seen this..??

I was driving back from Birmingham in the Zed in the fast lane of the M1

in the rush hour doing slightly above the limit ;) when in the middle lane was

an Audi A5 with a woman driver...wait for it...TEXTING.... :rant: :rant:

Edited by WhackyWill

M62 west bound Junction 26 Chain Bar. You may be forgiven for thinking that this is a slip road to a roundabout with excellent links to leeds halifax and Bradford, you would however be wrong. At peak times it appears to be the perfect place for ladies to apply a bit of lippy then brush their hair!

I have seen people (men & women) texting whilst driving before. I used to be on the roads all day/every day when me & my mate ran a catering company together some years ago. Mainly he drove so I was the passenger in our Iveco LWB van and I could easily see into passing cars etc. It's not uncommon unfortunately.

If I see them when I'm driving I'll usually beep at them or shake my head. :lol:

Most put the phone down then because they know there doing something wrong & very dangerous but you do get the odd tw*t who act's like s/he's doing nothing wrong. :scare::angry:

I have seen people (men & women) texting whilst driving before. I used to be on the roads all day/every day when me & my mate ran a catering company together some years ago. Mainly he drove so I was the passenger in our Iveco LWB van and I could easily see into passing cars etc. It's not uncommon unfortunately.

If I see them when I'm driving I'll usually beep at them or shake my head. :lol:

Most put the phone down then because they know there doing something wrong & very dangerous but you do get the odd tw*t who act's like s/he's doing nothing wrong. :scare::angry:

Ye' but in the middle lane of the M1, doing about 70 in traffic, bit like holding a loaded gun to you head..!! :scare: :scare::rant: :rant:

Ye' but in the middle lane of the M1, doing about 70 in traffic, bit like holding a loaded gun to you head..!! :scare: :scare: :rant: :rant:

Definitely agree with you ~ Like I said though seen people texting before; whilst on motorways, dual carriageways and urban streets. Stupid people will do stupid things.

I really don't care if these idiots hurt themselves or right off there own car's but what worries me is that they'll just plow into the back of stationary traffic & hurt someone else. :rant: Selfish c**ts (and I don't often use the C word).

• Like 1

I had a motorbike brake test me when I was on my way gone from work on Thursday.

200kg vs 2000kg. What the f*ck he was thinking, I've no idea.

My crime to deserve this? Not moving over whilst already doing 75mph and overtaking another car, when the bike flew up behind me flashing his lights. Oh, the humanity!

I had a motorbike brake test me when I was on my way gone from work on Thursday.

My crime to deserve this? Not moving over whilst already doing 75mph and overtaking another car, when the bike flew up behind me flashing his lights. Oh, the humanity!

I know it doesn't apply to all but f*cking bikers boil my p*ss, not because they are quicker and can nip through in traffic but because they undertake and behave like complete idiots!

Think once,

Think twice,

Think ****

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

I know it doesn't apply to all but f*cking bikers boil my p*ss, not because they are quicker and can nip through in traffic but because they undertake and behave like complete idiots!

Think once,

Think twice,

Think ****

Totally agree.

There not all bad I know but some are complete idiots ~ take this guy I see every day going to work on his moped. He acts a lot of the time like he's riding a pedal bike, undertaking, then overtaking. The other day when I was using a small roundabout he undertook me just as I was turning left!! If I hadn't been using my mirrors I would have just wiped him out. Same goes for the other two car's in front of me that he undertook again on a roundabout.

He's a total c**k. :rant:

Think once,

Think twice,

Think ****

Totally agree.

There not all bad I know but some are complete idiots ~ take this guy I see every day going to work on his moped. He acts a lot of the time like he's riding a pedal bike, undertaking, then overtaking. The other day when I was using a small roundabout he undertook me just as I was turning left!! If I hadn't been using my mirrors I would have just wiped him out. Same goes for the other two car's in front of me that he undertook again on a roundabout.

He's a total c**k. :rant:

Thing is you indicate to move lanes to the left expecting not to be undertaken and a bike flies past giving you the finger, idiots!

• Like 2

I had one this eve, a smart car at the lights on my inside, took off like a scolded cat

and almost got level with me at about 20 MPH still on my inside, it now starts moving across on me putting me into

the on coming traffic, there's a traffic island coming up in front of me so cannot blast past it, so I let it go, then it

pulls straight across in front of me. (horn lights swear words etc from me).

I get level with it at the next lights to find a female smiling at me as if she had

won the British GP...not sure if she understood my gesture as ..whatever3.gifwhatever3.gif

I then realised it was a left hand drive car with BG on the plate....!! :rant: :rant:

Bl**dy hell Will~ first our Zeds are getting smoked by VXR's and now Smart cars too. ;) ;) :lol:

Seriously though those lanes that merge into each other do my head in as the amount of people that don't indicate or just force you into on coming traffic in there race to get one car ahead is so frustrating. :angry:

• Like 1

Bl**dy hell Will~ first our Zeds are getting smoked by VXR's and now Smart cars too. ;) ;) :lol:

Seriously though those lanes that merge into each other do my head in as the amount of people that don't indicate or just force you into on coming traffic in there race to get one car ahead is so frustrating. :angry:

Maybe I shouldn't admit to been f***ed about by a woman in a Smart car.. :lol: :lol: