From S to Z

Hi all, have to add my name to the huge list of new 350Z owners, is it normal for there to be so many of these 'new owner' threads every day?

I've been watching the forum for the past week once i'd set my heart on buying the Z, within that week i've gone from this:

200SXHDRFb_zps6b708d4e.jpg

to this:

MyFirst350Z_zps154fcb1d.jpg

It definitely made moving on from the SX easier, the repair bills for that car were just reaching levels that I wasn't comfortable with and it seemed that no matter how much work I put in to fixing it, the ageing of the vehicle was always ahead of me. I know a few on here have made the switch and after just 2 small drives I can tell it was a great choice on my part.

My plan is to record everything I do with this car from photos to receipts and as I do like to get my hands dirty I know that joining on here and taking advantage of all the knowledge will be well worth it. I've already been on Euro Car Parts and picking up the mandatory washer pump :D (no sound or water when I try the front washer). It's the same story for the rear pump but so far haven't seen what pump is the correct replacement for that so if anyone can save me a search and post here that would be a huge help.

Thanks for reading my story and I look forward to the forum addiction heading my way.

Thanks for all the welcomes, looks like a very active forum.

Welcome mate! Lovely looking cars :) bet it was hard to say goodbye to the sx?

Looking forward to seeing what you do as you look like the type of guy who likes to mod :D

It was a pretty difficult decision, in the end it was a lot more sense financially to make the switch. I took the SX from standard to 'Stage 1a' with a lot of further supporting mods including brakes and boost control, along with the wheels and coilovers of course.

So yeah I guess I do modify, although this car is so much more at stock than I ever imagined it would be. For now there's a few small things that I want to clean up and perfect, then i'll be in the market for some wheels.

Welcome Buddy, I got my Z two day's ago, you will love it.

Looks like we both made a good choice huh, hope both our 350s are good to us :D

Welcome along :) we can help with the rear washer pump just drop me a PM

Ewen

Ah thanks, will be in touch.

It definitely made moving on from the SX easier, the repair bills for that car were just reaching levels that I wasn't comfortable with and it seemed that no matter how much work I put in to fixing it, the ageing of the vehicle was always ahead of me.

S-Body Life.

is it normal for there to be so many of these 'new owner' threads every day?

Welcome :) .

There do seem to be a lot more these days, there would seem to be a trend for new owners not to keep them for long nowadays...I've seen at least a dozen Zed's for sale on this forum with owners only getting their Zed's in 2013. However, there are around 7.600 Zed's in The U.K (if you include those that are SORNed) and if we presume that 2 years is the average ownership then we're looking at over 10 cars a day coming onto the market.

• Like 1