Reverse Sensors?

350Phil

Anyone else noticed that the 350 is blind at the rear? I am loving the new car and may get used to it but so far it is without question the most difficult thing to park-guess that I have driven! I end up getting out to check which is completely unheard of in any other motor and a chap can't growl up to the pub, get out and check how close he is, can he???

Does anyone know of a reverse sensor kit so I can p*ssy out before i scratch the poor thing? I have seen a few on here with what look like reverse sensors on them.

Advice and links or whatever would be awseome!

Phil

I have a double din Alpine HU with a 7" screen, how do I know if it will accept a reverse cam?

Sorry for the slight thread hi-jack but it seemed relevant rather than creating a new thread!

Have a quick scan of the manual for a video in feed and cam signal too.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked and chose various bits from this extremely good guide.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56481-kenwood-ddx-4028bt-rear-cam-install-–-superguide/

It's a piece of p*** really, it must be, I did it. Only thing I'd add is to be careful if you have any aftermarket stereo cabling running alongside you two cam leads. I disturbed mine and caused a bit of alternator whine on the rear passenger speaker, drove me nuts trying to solve it.

Good luck.

• Like 1

My zed wasnt too bad, I just dropped the roof, then I could look back and see where the back of the car was. With the roof up though,it did take a lot of getting used to as the bum on the zed is huge, which is why a lot of dealers offered to fit after market reversing sensors on brand new cars as a dealer option rather than a Nissan option.