pop charger over other kits?

Garyt350z

Cheers for all the input guys. All making very valid points, but still swayed toward the massive v6 induction noise. Had an astra turbo for years and stuck with original airbox with good panel filter and larger air intake pipe, so need some grunt in my life for once!lol seen the takeda dry short ram kit! Keenly priced and can get to matche my engine bay mod/colour scheme! :D

Cheers for all the input guys. All making very valid points, but still swayed toward the massive v6 induction noise. Had an astra turbo for years and stuck with original airbox with good panel filter and larger air intake pipe, so need some grunt in my life for once!lol seen the takeda dry short ram kit! Keenly priced and can get to matche my engine bay mod/colour scheme! :D

You will probably suffer from lots of heat soak with this kit.

I would always go for the induction noise. If you were to calculate any loss of bhp due to heat soak it would be a tiny percentage of the overall, relative to the weight of the car. The flat spot only really occurs if you are in traffic or similar. In the autumn and winter on any decent drive out I don't notice any issue at all and the induction noise is great - it's there when you want it and not when you don't.

Yeah that's another issue I have read about, heat soak and water ingress :S Surely with the climate in this country you would rather ur filter tucked up nice and dry in ur engine bay rather than snorking thru heavy rain and puddles down at the front grill?lol think I would prefer a few horsies less in return for dry air? Or have I got this all wrong?

Sounds like you'd be better off with an open filter that sits where the Popcharger does, but has a small airbox to cover it. There is one out there, but the name escapes me right now. Might even be the Typhoon, come to think of it.