How do you like yours?

Neilp

I'm a massive fan of steak and tend to eat steak for most meals.

Personally a fillet steak is my favourite in terms of taste and tenderness. I do however like a steak regardless of cut.

If I have a fillet steak I usually eat it butterflied and rare or blue depending on how good the restaurant is.

This is a fillet from my favourite Italian restaurant.

1DD8CA08-1B4C-4139-BD6F-7E4217963B84-5705-000004731049D49E_zpse66fb7b9.jpg

So I guess the question is, how do you eat yours?

Edited by Neilp
  • Like 3

Not really a fan of a huge piece of meat, I don't swing that way :lol:

But seriously, I don't really like beef, only if its being pretty much blended into something like a lasagne or a cottage pie and occasionally a burger, but not really.

Big fan of steak myself too....would definitely call myself a 'foodie'.

I like mine medium rare with a small side of peppercorn sauce. Best steak I have ever had is at Heston's Dinner @ Mandarin Oriental, London.

Perfect fillet with no fat (how I like it), it just melted in your mouth :thumbs:

Heston-13-1.jpg

Edited by 350Ad

My mrs loves steak, her favourite place is Quaglino's in London, everything I've ever eaten there is amazing too.

where in London? I'm down in quite alot. My brother is in Surrey but has now just bought a pad near tower bridge.

I'm with you, over cooking a decent bit of meat is criminal. Not sure about steak for nearly every meal though -.you've heard of colon cancer right ;)

you've heard of bodybuilding? :lol: steak, fish, chicken, sweet potato, green veg , oats and eggs. All ill be allowed from next week.

I'm aware about the issues with red meats and cancer but I like to live by the attitude, "here for a good time, not a long time" and I generally just do whatever I enjoy doing. Training and eating steak is a couple of favourite past times :lol:

I know so many people who never smoked but have died of lung cancer. Really healthy guys getting diagnosed with cancer and diseases and to me it's just no worth the hassle worrying about things. Just enjoy life and be happy :)

• Like 1

here for a good time, not a long time

Massively agree, if you took the "better play safe" attitude to everything you wouldn't be able to do anything. You'd live in a dettol filled plastic bubble being fed white liquids through a straw.

• Like 1

Quaglinos

16 Bury Street St James's

London SW1Y 6A

http://www.quaglinos-restaurant.co.uk/

It's very nice in there, not the cheapest, but the way she raves about the steak it's worth it.

Crab and lobster burgers looks epic!

A very good all round restaurant, and yes their steak is great.. :thumbs: .

Edited by WhackyWill

That steak looks great, looks medium rare though I'd say, not rare but I suppose it differs from place to place.

Best steak I ever had was in Brugge in a little restaurant.

They tended to grade their meat one down from how I used to, so if you asked for medium, it would come up medium rare, that just seemed to be the way it was over there.

Another good place to get a steak in London in the Gaucho Grill extremely tasty.

I'm with you, over cooking a decent bit of meat is criminal. Not sure about steak for nearly every meal though -.you've heard of colon cancer right ;)

you've heard of bodybuilding? :lol: steak, fish, chicken, sweet potato, green veg , oats and eggs. All ill be allowed from next week.

I'm aware about the issues with red meats and cancer but I like to live by the attitude, "here for a good time, not a long time" and I generally just do whatever I enjoy doing. Training and eating steak is a couple of favourite past times :lol:

I know so many people who never smoked but have died of lung cancer. Really healthy guys getting diagnosed with cancer and diseases and to me it's just no worth the hassle worrying about things. Just enjoy life and be happy :)

:) I love steak. Funnily enough having a veggie better half has got me used only eating meat about half the week. It's not that she tries to influence what I eat, it's just a pain to make different things. In some ways I've found it makes the times when I have meat a bit more of a treat.

Yep I've heard of bodybuilding - I think it's what you do with those weight things gathering dust under our bed ;)