Chav's

zxrob

Just trolling the net last night and came upon an old thread on piston heads were someone was looking to get either a 335 bmw or a 350z, obviously there were quite a few comments either way, the ones that stuck out for me, about the Zed were

Chav's car,............what, well feck me I'm a 53 year old chav, wayhay :boxing:

Looks,...................walk past the bm, turn and look back at the zed :)

Rob

50 + chav here too :teeth: I can't get my head round these kind of choice threads on Pistonheads, how in any way are these cars comparable, one is a 2 seater V6 coupe the other is a repmobile 4 seater straight 6 saloon, either you are in the market for one or the other not a choice between the two!! :wacko:

50 + chav here too :teeth: I can't get my head round these kind of choice threads on Pistonheads, how in any way are these cars comparable, one is a 2 seater V6 coupe the other is a repmobile 4 seater straight 6 saloon, either you are in the market for one or the other not a choice between the two!! :wacko:

My thoughts exactly

Rob

24 year old chav here! oh wait...

Im no better at 23 :lol:

I remember when I got mine, the dealer wouldn't let me test drive it until I'd put a deposit down! I was 20, but still :lol:

Bit harsh! Wasn't as bad for me but the dealer insisted of driving it down away from his garage before I was allowed to drive it myself! He also asked a couple of times if I had my driving license on me. After he chilled out a bit though he was encouraging me to give it the beans!

That's how you sell a car, tell the test driver 'yeah just floor it'

I remember when I got mine, the dealer wouldn't let me test drive it until I'd put a deposit down! I was 20, but still :lol:

I was the same age. Car was just over 2 yrs old. Genuine nismo kitted car. Dealer handed me the keys with no issues and let me take it out for a while.

25 just now and still love it

It might be the way it happened, I went in with no intention at all of buying any car, let alone a 350, I was just killing some time. In Aldershit too, then I started to get interested, then keen, then excitable, I drove it, then collected it a few days later :lol:

And to prove I'm not a chav:

hezd.jpg

• Like 2

Chavtastic! Chav wiv a BA Hons here (from the days when a degree meant something - you young whippersnappers don't know when you're well off) - I'll be on a '61 plate' in April. When I got to 60 the buggers told me I can't get a bus pass till I'm 63 - and by then they'll have scrapped it anyway and I'll be stuck with my Z.

Without my Z my life would suk majorly, innit. :wheelchair:

Thinking of getting a mobility scooter anyway.

• Like 1

To qualify (according the Oxford Dictionary definition) you would have to be:

- young

- lower class - which is not further defined

- typically exhibiting brash AND loutish behaviour

- wearing real or imitation designer clothes

Personally i dont think the 350z is near the realms of chavery, its mainly too expensive to buy and insure just yet.

After just coming from Rx7's which definitely descended into the realms, at 25 you could get classic car insurance on them which was cheap on a ltd mileage.

The early warning signs on the forum to look out for:

Text speak and the word innit (you think i am joking)

Awful punctuation and grammar

User names, example from rx7 forum, custombodiez, again watch out for spelling :)

Low ball offers on things for sale, usually from the members with user names such as the above

And a slightly less but still important factor, its difficult to find an un molested one for sale :)

If the above becomes frequent, sell up quick ;)

The problem with it all stems imho from the sale price, they bought the cars cheap, usually the lower end of the market, the cars broke or were crashed and they have no money to repair them properly and so begins the cycle, suddenly you have a bunch of cars that are good for the scrap heap, they are advertised cheap just to get out of them, the market perceived value is drastically lowered, if you see a car advertised at £3k it makes the ones at £6k seem ridiculous no matter how nice they are and so on and so forth.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

To qualify (according the Oxford Dictionary definition) you would have to be:

- young

- lower class - which is not further defined

- typically exhibiting brash AND loutish behaviour

- wearing real or imitation designer clothes

Uh oh...*Grabs 'insert brand here' coat and heads for the door*

Its more of an upper chav class chav car to be honest.

You see a lot being picked up and shifted onvery quickly when the running costs rear their head.

It does have a chav following though im afraid.......symptom of being a cheap very fast car to buy.

I was the same age. Car was just over 2 yrs old. Genuine nismo kitted car. Dealer handed me the keys with no issues and let me take it out for a while.

Your from Scotland though....everyone knows each other up there :p

Your from Scotland though....everyone knows each other up there :p

Because they're all related right? :stir:

• Like 1