Edited to protect the not quite innocent!

Ricey

I've already worked half of it!

I have 6 weeks, 28 working days remaining of a 13 week notice period.

It's not like my toys came out on day one. I handed over to my replacement then they dumped this project on me that just so happens to have a deadline exactly the date that I leave.

The (verbal) response I received to gardening leave was 'if I'm paying you then I'm having something out of you'.........an understandable but rather course way of relaying it I thought!

Again I don't see the problem? It's like in mario kart where you get that golden mushroom. You only have it for ten seconds so you use it constantly.

Tbh I think it's good that they are honest? If I was resigning I would even ask for leave because I'd be leaving soon?

A quarter of a year when you've resigned due to their actions (or lack of)?

That's a bit of a thin description of 'soon' in my eyes dude!

If I wasn't happy I wouldn't hang around. It's just opertunitues your missing whilst wasting 1/4 of a year. Just suppose we have a different outlook.

It's not like my toys came out on day one. I handed over to my replacement then they dumped this project on me that just so happens to have a deadline exactly the date that I leave.

The (verbal) response I received to gardening leave was 'if I'm paying you then I'm having something out of you'.........an understandable but rather course way of relaying it I thought!

Again I don't see the problem? It's like in mario kart where you get that golden mushroom. You only have it for ten seconds so you use it constantly.

Tbh I think it's good that they are honest? If I was resigning I would even ask for leave because I'd be leaving soon?

If I wasn't happy I wouldn't hang around. It's just opertunitues your missing whilst wasting 1/4 of a year. Just suppose we have a different outlook.

I think that's probably right, each to their own.

Listen blocky you're absolutely right but honestly I'm a worrier......a big worrier but one who takes massive balls risks (see Merc purchase that you so kindly advised on! Lol). It's not conducive to a relaxing lifestyle I can tell you!

• Like 1

I haven't read this as in great detail but the following occurs to me:

- psychologically you should feel better knowing you are leaving

- having been through the legal route myself (and won) I'm not sure I would want to do it again (not that you are proposing that)

- you can literally count down the days now

- if possible it would be good to see out your time with a big smile on your face - thus depriving them of any perceived victory

- even though references are just part of the process - they are still part of the process if you see what I mean

- the thing to focus on is the end result

• Like 3

- having been through the legal route myself (and won) I'm not sure I would want to do it again (not that you are proposing that)

- if possible it would be good to see out your time with a big smile on your face - thus depriving them of any perceived victory

- even though references are just part of the process - they are still part of the process if you see what I mean

Wise words.

Wise words.

I was going to click on the"Like This" box but that seemed a bit dodgy :lol:

Wise words.

I was going to click on the"Like This" box but that seemed a bit dodgy :lol:

:lol: You don't want to look like you're 'bigging yourself up' or anything :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going mate? :)

Sorry mate I missed this one.

Went the docs. Told her the whole situation......in her words 'you won't be going back'.

Called my boss and told him the score, you could literally feel the relief seeping down the phone.

I was also made party to a few interesting fibs that they've told a colleague/friend who's off with stress at the moment. Very interesting indeed.........shitting themselves would be my initial assessment (about his situation not mine).......and all he needs is a friendly voice of support who has evidence to back up that things he has been told are lies. An ideal person would be one who perhaps in 4 short weeks will have literally nothing left to lose. :teeth:

Ricey, feel for you fella really do, was in a similar situation a couple of years ago, I left on because I did not like the ethics of the company I was working for. I took the whistleblowing option on them after spending weeks documenting everything and forwarding company emails and memos to myself. Believe me it gave me much satisfaction knowing that the so called managers who made my life a misery got all they deserved after my whistleblowing to the board of directors. Now im in a fantastic job and have never looked back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ricey, feel for you fella really do, was in a similar situation a couple of years ago, I left on because I did not like the ethics of the company I was working for. I took the whistleblowing option on them after spending weeks documenting everything and forwarding company emails and memos to myself. Believe me it gave me much satisfaction knowing that the so called managers who made my life a misery got all they deserved after my whistleblowing to the board of directors. Now im in a fantastic job and have never looked back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. I'll be honest I doubt I'll take it further personally. I neither have the energy not the time before I leave the country.

Ultimately I got out and now get to go to Australia to have a great time and meet up with a girl.

The other lad however I would hazard a guess will go straight for the jugular so they'll get what's coming to them.

How's it going mate? :)

Sorry mate I missed this one.

Went the docs. Told her the whole situation......in her words 'you won't be going back'.

Called my boss and told him the score, you could literally feel the relief seeping down the phone.

I was also made party to a few interesting fibs that they've told a colleague/friend who's off with stress at the moment. Very interesting indeed.........shitting themselves would be my initial assessment (about his situation not mine).......and all he needs is a friendly voice of support who has evidence to back up that things he has been told are lies. An ideal person would be one who perhaps in 4 short weeks will have literally nothing left to lose. :teeth:

No problems mate, you've had other stuff to worry about, glad the Doc is on your side and has signed you off, collect your dosh and have a bloody great time in Oz, and let's hope your input is key for the other guy. :)

Only just caught up with this, thought it was a joke at first but sorry it's worked out like it has.... Good luck in Aus, they are a little behind the times there so I reckon double denim is probably still in style ;)

Sent from the golf club...

Yeah it's a terrible outcome.........I get to spend Xmas on bondi beach with a beautiful young lady. They get to go out of business as they're haemorrhaging losses year in year.

Life's a bitch ain't it :lol:

Only just caught up with this, thought it was a joke at first but sorry it's worked out like it has.... Good luck in Aus, they are a little behind the times there so I reckon double denim is probably still in style ;)

Yeah it's a terrible outcome.........I get to spend Xmas on bondi beach with a beautiful young lady. They get to go out of business as they're haemorrhaging losses year in year.

Life's a bitch ain't it :lol:

I would take WA over NSW everyday but other than that agree 110% mate :thumbs:

Yeah the girl I'm meeting said that the people (other travellers) in Sydney are to quote unquote "shallow, selfish bellends"........gotta love the Brits :lol:

We'll be there until jan then mooching up the east coast, then onto NZ for a month or so. Might drop in on Immy and have a drive in a Zed to slake my thirst for making carbon emissions!

Yeah the girl I'm meeting said that the people (other travellers) in Sydney are to quote unquote "shallow, selfish bellends"........gotta love the Brits :lol:

We'll be there until jan then mooching up the east coast, then onto NZ for a month or so. Might drop in on Immy and have a drive in a Zed to slake my thirst for making carbon emissions!

Plenty of gas guzzlers in Oz, get a nice big V8 at least :p

I have travelled a bit over there, Sydney is great for nightlife and the sights, Harbour, Opera House & Bondi but it's just a big city with nice weather :shrug: make sure you go to the Blue Mountains :cloud9: