Edited to protect the not quite innocent!

Ricey

Ricey, you've made the decision to resign. If they are being 'Cunard's' about it, why are you bothering to go in?

Can you not get a full length picture of yourself and get someone to make it in to one of those cardboard standee things?

Just pop that by your desk and off you trot

• Like 1

On the other hand, Ricey signed a contract to work there and should fulfill it to the best of his abilities.

Take the moral high ground, do the bare minimum amount of work and stay polite. Be the better human being, and be proud of that.

All good points.

Pretty tough with a quarter of a year notice period though.

Bare minimums difficult to do when they fail to acknowledge any of the stress your under and subsequent impact on your health that you've laid out in your 2 page resignation letter and instead give you a high profile, high pressure project to finish right up to the day you leave.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 1

that could also be deemed constructive dismissal and perfectly actionable

Exactly. Excellent, excellent point sir.

More to the point, that shows very poor management on their part. Why give something that important to someone who's leaving? It's just a massive risk they don't need to take, especially if you don't finish it before you leave. I would relax and not worry about it so much, as long as you are working 9-5 then there's very little they can do or expect. Are you relying on a good reference?

that could also be deemed constructive dismissal and perfectly actionable

Exactly. Excellent, excellent point sir.

More to the point, that shows very poor management on their part. Why give something that important to someone who's leaving? It's just a massive risk they don't need to take, especially if you don't finish it before you leave. I would relax and not worry about it so much, as long as you are working 9-5 then there's very little they can do or expect. Are you relying on a good reference?

Potentially when I get back from Oz next March. Apparently they only give very basic references anyway.

Re what Vik asked I rather naively out that pic on FB with that caption......apparently what I deem to be a light hearted joke they deem to be gross misconduct.

I'm off sick at the moment because it's tipped an already stressed out head to full scale anxiety attacks etc. Got docs on Friday......I don't see a return to the office at any point at this point.

To be fair, it could be gross misconduct. Certainly as an employer I would take a very dim view of it.

If you're off sick with stress, then I'd be tempted to stay stressed right up until the end of your notice period. if they only give basic references then I wouldn't worry too much.

I know I'm coming across as a bit harsh here dude, but I really am trying to be constructive for your sake as much as anything, I hope you're taking my advice the right way as I know how crap all this can be. :console:

Just goes to show that "work friends" aren't always friends at all :(

I know that I despise the 3 colleagues I work with most, I'm always pleasant with them and I don't think they know I really don't like them. Let's just hope they don't buy a 350z now :lol:

Meh.....just one of those things. I still don't really see what the problem is?! I haven't made any defamatory or derogatory comments but fair enough if that's the interpretation of it.

Probably and idea if I edit this one really.

To be honest they would be absolutely mentol if they try to sack me

- Walk away with notice period wound down

- Dismiss and have potential unfair dismissal claim headed inbound.

Not rocket science is it especially given the total dereliction of care that I've pointed out time and time again regarding ill health and stress in the company.

Regardless I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of even setting a foot over the front door so I don't see me returning to that office before the end if my notice.

blimey - touchy aren't they

Germans :shrug:

Actually it's a uk company with a German client. I used to work for the Germans and then was offloaded to this lot.

My captions was 'refuse gardening leave eh? Let's see what our German client makes of this on Monday :-D'..........anyone would think I clubbed a baby seal to death whilst goose stepping in an SS uniform!

Sounds like sour grapes and waggley fingers to me mate.

Bad times.

Be a pro, do your time, sign out - done.

I work for the Government and have to be very careful with social media.

I bet you have a specific social media policy don't you?