What exhaust?

mark_j

My standard exhaust has given up the ghost and is now blowing quite badly, TBH i have not got underneath to have a look as weather is pants, so figure may as well get a stainless variety.

Had a look on the bay and found an infinity one quite reasonabaly priced, but what are people recommending, would like quite a load one..

As mentioned above is it a quick fix on a budget or do you want something a bit more special.

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=32850911-9f8a-43e4-a5fc-24678e254d1d

I have a few Invidias in stock, they are popular, the Cobra or Scorpion systems are good budget ones but only replace from Ypipe back.

Ebay ones, steer clear

Mark, the advice from CS and Tarmac is sensible, avoid the eBay systems as its very difficult to be certain of the quality.

It does come down to your budget, the Cobra / Scorpion systems are both good products without busting the bank, the offerings from Miltek are also very good but likely to be a little more expensive.

I would stay away from MIJ...had exhaust done by them on my old car - was rubbish! And my 2 of my mates had theirs done there as well - wasn't good either! But that was few years ago...so may be they gone better now

I would stay away from MIJ...had exhaust done by them on my old car - was rubbish! And my 2 of my mates had theirs done there as well - wasn't good either! But that was few years ago...so may be they gone better now

See I did some searchs on +MIJ +350z and read a few posts like that, however I had them do my Golfs system, and I was really pleased with it. Hmmm

Cobra is a great sounding exhaust, i went for the milltek and berks hfcs andit was a fantastic combination.

The milltek by itself is likely to be a little too quiet, nice quality sound but only slightly louder than stock, the hfcs really bringit to life though but will add ore to the cost.

• Like 1

I have a Powerflow on mine. Wasn't fitted by me, however I did do it on my previous car.

Id always go with them. You can pick all the different tips you like, choose the sound& size of the back box and have it all positioned correctly, whever you want it within reason, and if you go back every year for the inspection theres a lifetime guarantee, which they do actually honour as a family member has used it. He has a small hole and they replaced the entire pipe section.

Never see the point paying £800+ for an off the shelf system tbh..

I have a Powerflow on mine. Wasn't fitted by me, however I did do it on my previous car.

Id always go with them. You can pick all the different tips you like, choose the sound& size of the back box and have it all positioned correctly, whever you want it within reason, and if you go back every year for the inspection theres a lifetime guarantee, which they do actually honour as a family member has used it. He has a small hole and they replaced the entire pipe section.

sound advise :D

Its hard finding a decent custom jobby...half of them bend the pipes instead mandrel bends. Also resale value is a massive plus for branded exhausts.

Far easier to sell a Cobra than a custom for example.

Edited by 350Ad

Scorpion exhaust is great value for money. Not intrusive at all! I did use to have Berk HFCs but this made it alot louder and you loose the exhaust note in the rasp of the HFC's.

Try and hook up with some local members and have a listen.

As said resale value is higher so it works out about the same. Power flow systems IMO sound like powerflow systems. They have a distinct noise usually and IMO not a great one. Plus at least with an £800+ exhaust some research and development has gone into how it flows etc.

As said resale value is higher so it works out about the same. Power flow systems IMO sound like powerflow systems. They have a distinct noise usually and IMO not a great one. Plus at least with an £800+ exhaust some research and development has gone into how it flows etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking. At least the "better" companies have put some time and effort in to research & development to discover if there exhausts actually make real world power gains and not just make a nice noise. I'm going to be in the market for an exhaust system within the next year so am looking now to research first before I blow a whole wad of cash on something that might not make me happy. On another note, bit of a thread hijack I know sorry but does anyone have Sports Cats or do the majority of you just stick with OEM Cats and get a full cat to back system?

I have the resonated Cobra and I am very pleased, we had a little teething trouble but I cannot recommend Cougar Store or the exhaust, highly enough, you cant see the brackets if you make sure you get them

turned up to the top, it sounds really nice, isnt that expensive and seems good quality, certainly better than the oem exhaust.

Scorpion - good all rounder

Cobra - nice sound, slightly puny looking backbox

Milltek - quiet on its own, lovely with HFCs

All good options, Milltek is expensive because it is s complete system from the cats back, & it has a larger diameter pipes so helps flow, my Zed on over 100k miles dynod at 300bhp after an uprev :thumbs:

Avoid eBay of Crapspeed stuff as with most things in life you get what you pay for ;)

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP