Which Z to get?

350zedd

As I'm a first-timer on the lookout for a Z between 04 and 07 I was surprised to see a post a couple of days back referring to the high oil consumption on some of the 06 revup engines.

I understand that most of these may have been sorted under warranty but there may still be a few lurking about out there.

In light of this, would you guys consider it a wise move to avoid any 06 cars altogether (just in case) and and go for the 07 313hp version if I can stretch the budget to around £10k?

If not, look for an 04/05

Doubt anybody with a rev up would agree with saying avoid it but it does come with the higher tax. Personally if I was back in the market I would stretch to the 313 to merit paying the extra tax. Failing that there is hundreds of 05 and 55 plate Zeds to be bought. No oil issue and less tax. However the 06 facelift has better interior and head/tail lights :thumbs: there is no clear answer :lol: just pick a colour you like most, find one in your budget and buy it :lol:

• Like 2

Just get one that's been looked after, they're all ace! If you fear you may catch Zeditis, then get one with some of the starter mods already taken care of. If you think you won't catch it, sadly you're incorrect :)

DE driver.

• Like 5

Godly, eh?

Well there are some exceptions.... :lol:

Just get one that's been looked after, they're all ace! If you fear you may catch Zeditis, then get one with some of the starter mods already taken care of. If you think you won't catch it, sadly you're incorrect :)

DE driver.

DE FTW B)

Recently got mine 57 plate HR. Drove 2 07 cars prior to taking the plunge, obviously the interior is upgraded like the HR but I feel the engine in the HR is definitely worth the extra few £. Got a more modern characteristic, smoother, plus you get the bonnet bulge :-)

I have a 2006 pre face lift roadster and have found it uses no oil at all between services.

As previously stated, buy the best you can for your budget, but an impeccable service history is vital.

If you can get one from here, so much the better, you know it will be looked after!

Hope you find one that suits your needs, and if you do, enjoy!!!!

But please be aware of Zeditis!

ok everyone....thanks for your input.....looks like an 07 then.... if I can find one around here in deepest west wales

Worth travelling the distance to find the right one :)

Edited by Humpy

My vote is the DE. I've had mine for 6 glorious years & it's been absolutely faultless. Never used a drop of oil between services. The best car I've ever owned by a long way. & on that note it's actually up for sale ;-)

Seriously you should check out darrens car, i can pretty much guarantee it will be one of the best looked after cars on the forum.

My vote is the DE. I've had mine for 6 glorious years & it's been absolutely faultless. Never used a drop of oil between services. The best car I've ever owned by a long way. & on that note it's actually up for sale ;-)

Totally agree, my DE was on a lot more mileage than Darrens and still never used a drop of oil between services, absolutely faultless for well over 40k

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP