HI from potential owner in Herefordshire....

Hi all,

I'm John, living in Hereford. In my thirties.

I have been thinking of getting a 350z for quite some time and now I am in a position to actually buy one! :)

Been reading this forum on and off over the last year and seems a great place for owners, I have been registered a while but wanted to wait until buying one to say hello properly.

I have seen a couple I like the look of but as usual they are a long way away. I have never sat in a 350z and would like to see if I fit OK in it (I am not unusually big at 6 foot).

Is there anyone in Hereford or near Hereford (seen a few about) who would let me sit in the drivers seat to see if I like the seating position etc. It would be a shame to drive a 300 mile round trip just to find out :lol:

If your interested this is one of the cars I am interested in:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302115291176/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/body-type/coupe/price-to/11000/seller-type/trade_adverts/transmission/manual/engine-size-cars/3l_to_3-9l/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/postcode/hr40pn/page/3/radius/1500?logcode=p

Cheers...

Hi John, welcome to the forum. There are a number of >6 footer owners, I'm sure you'll fit just fine.

If you're free on Saturday and fancy a nice drive up through Leominster and Ludlow, we have a meet at RAF Cosford nr Telford, where there'll be a variety of cars you can take a look at and no doubt sit in, including some HR's like the one you're interested in.

More details here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75202-raf-cosford-paintballz-meet-sat-12th-oct-update-p9/

Welcome,

My parents live in Dinedor, just outside of Hereford and i am back there most weekends for the next month. Happy to meet up and chat about zeds if you want to.

I would let you sit in the zed but its a 370 not a 350 so may not be much use. Used to have a 350 though and loved it.

I am 6f7 and must admit its a bit of a squeeze in the zeds (hence why i went for the roadsters lol) but they are incredibly comfy cars (drove from Knockhill to worcester in one stint) and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you wanted to meet up and chat send me a pm

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was a bit naughty today and went to look at an S2000 that was quite local. It was a main dealer and the whole experience of dealing with them was awful! The car was nice but wasn't too keen on the seats, felt like I was slipping forward a bit, if that makes sense.

I didn't even test drive it as they were pushing me to make a deal before I could take it out.

I wanted out of there so made a silly offer just to get from there. Surely a car like that they should let me drive it first as then I would be more likely to buy it. :wacko:

Anyhow it has made me want a 350z even more as just sitting in it I couldn't imagine doing any sort of long jaunt in it. The steering wheel seemed low to me too.....

I am waiting for the guy from the link I posted in my OP to get back to me with a trade in price and maybe go and see it on Saturday, and buy it!

That means I probably won't make it to Cosford, which is a shame but if this car doesn't happen I will try and get up there with the missus.

On a side note we got a quote of £430 fully comp for both of us on an 08 plate 350, well impressed! :)

@Will370z..... Thanks that it very kind of you, I will see whats happening with the car hunt and drop you a PM if I know when I would be around...

Edited by BugsyMalone

Lol I was tempted to say I am keen to keep standard. Having been lurking around here the best part of a year I know better lol

I will have a "maintanance" pot for the car when I get it, let's see how long it can legitimately be called that! :)

Edited by BugsyMalone
  • Like 1

:welcome: Its not unusual for dealers to want to try an establish a deal before you take the car out. Your not confirming to buy it but they are trying to see if your serious otherwise they just spend all day with people trying out their cars just to get to drive one.

Can you imagine how annoying it is when every tom dick or harry takes your car out and then just says ` i`ll think about it` and walks off.

No one likes tyres kickers on a private sale so why should the trade put up with them either.

It doesn`t mean they wont let you take the car out thee are just trying to judge how serious you are.

Welcome,

My parents live in Dinedor, just outside of Hereford and i am back there most weekends for the next month. Happy to meet up and chat about zeds if you want to.

I would let you sit in the zed but its a 370 not a 350 so may not be much use. Used to have a 350 though and loved it.

I am 6f7 and must admit its a bit of a squeeze in the zeds (hence why i went for the roadsters lol) but they are incredibly comfy cars (drove from Knockhill to worcester in one stint) and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you wanted to meet up and chat send me a pm

At 6 7 i doubt there is much you will fit in :lol: a tank ?

Hi all,

Thought I would update this as I am now very close to owning my own Z!

Made a long journey to view my third Z of the week (actually the one in my OP). Really nice dealer, made me and the missus feel really comfortable, relaxed. Spent ages looking round the car, chatting etc then out for a drive. First test drive as other two I didn't want to waste mine or the dealers time as they were not as described and pretty poor condition wise.

Absolutely loved the drive, even though it was wet and the TC was kicking in pulling away from every turn :) I was really impressed with the power, and how solid the car felt yet felt quite "raw" at the same time?

Coming from a BMW I thought the interior was pretty good to be honest, no rattles, perfect seating position for me and I reckon I can heel and toe easy which in a lot of cars I find hard as I have long legs and short body :lol: Great pedal placement :)

Needs new rear tyres, MOT and service but put deposit down and they will be getting that done before I pick it up.

The clutch felt a little high but the gearbox was sweet, no knocking from the rear etc, all seemed good to me.

On a side note, the Honda dealer who made me sit around for an hour and half with no cuppa, no test drive, and no movement on price phones me on thursday to say they would come down a grand to meet my offer......... :lol:

It's a Z all they way now :teeth:

P.S. The dealer went out with my missus to let her have a drive and when they came back he said that she drove quicker than me!! :lol:

Edited by BugsyMalone

Congrats and glad you liked the zed.

I remember my first test drive. The dealer warned me " you do know as soon as i turn rhis key you will fall in love." 4 years later and on my 2nd zed hes bang on.

Will keep an eye out for you around hereford

P.S. The dealer went out with my missus to let her have a drive and when they came back he said that she drove quicker than me!! :lol:

Something my other half can also relate to! I bought my first Z this weekend, haven't got her yet, but already he's asking when and for how kong he's allowed to drive it!

Congrats and glad you liked the zed.

I remember my first test drive. The dealer warned me " you do know as soon as i turn rhis key you will fall in love." 4 years later and on my 2nd zed hes bang on.

Will keep an eye out for you around hereford

Lol. That's so true. It happened to me so badly that I didn't even try to knock money off the price of the car. :lol: Doh!