Santa says, "GT-R or Evora S?"...

chubbster

So you disagree with me about the cars, yet haven't driven 2/3rds of the ones I mention. Man, I wish I could do car reviews from the comfort of my couch, would make life so much easier. I didn’t pretend to do a review.

I appreciate the comparison between myself and Harris though, thanks. I do like his style of writing, and I guess that probably shows in my own at times. I enjoy writing about cars, and occasionally I get some positive comments on those pieces from others on here about them, but you can't please everyone. Just goes to show how some people are fooled by people who pretend to know everything about everything.

Everyone else has given their opinion on the cars, like I did, and yet you didn't feel the need to criticise them. If you could point me to the part of my post where I say that everyone else is wrong and that my opinion is the only one that matters, that would be great.

Both the Evora and the 911 are 2+2s, just like the GTR. The seats in the GTR are slightly more useful than the other two, but then I wouldn't be the person sitting in the back in any of them so I didn't really feel that was a pertinent point to pick up on. I guess if the OP had asked "Which car would you choose out of the Evora S and the GTR, and seat space in the rear is the priority?", then I'd have given a different answer. It’s just another plus point. The boot space of the GTR is approx 250L, the Evora 160L, and the 911 135L. Again, I didn't realise that practicality was an important consideration for the OP, else I'd have put the GTR ahead. As it stands, and if it was my £50K, I'd pick the Evora S as it would suit me better. Both cars are stunning in their own right, and both have some glaring issues that has stopped me buying one, but I would pick the Lotus. I'm sorry that offends you so much.

Now, let's see your objective comparison between the two cars mentioned before you carry on criticising

Sorry to disappoint you. I’m not going to do a car comparison.

I just think you’re just a ubiquitous pompous, self-opinionated contributor to this forum that others would do better to take with a pinch of salt.

I remember when you did your ridiculous trip to Spain and you came on here announcing your grandiose plans, and then went meekly to the PH forum to ask for advice. Having done your trip, you then came back on here as the expert in Continental travel, having already established yourself as the expert in everything from tyres, and all types of cars, to why the unemployed should work for their dole. Is there anything that you are not profoundly expert in? Big fish – small pond is the phrase that springs to mind

I saw this and thought of you.qxjeie.jpg

• Like 2

Of the 2 cars on offer I'd take the lotus, I have no love for the gtr, have never driven either, but the Nissan doesn't light my fire. Appreciate the performance, but knowing what lotus handling is like in the Elise I'd take the evora for the thrill of the drive. As for the above post, I'll repeat my favourite saying opinions are like arseholes everyones got one. Etc etc its an opinion if you don't like it ...ignore it. I know eons, have known him for a long time, some stuff I agree with other stuff I don't. That's his and my prerogative.

I am not quite sure what makes Ekona's opinions so offensive to some people.

Yes he is forthright but we aren't lemmings or wallflowers. It's not Rumania in the 70s... we don't have to do what he says.

In places I have worked, Dan would be nowhere near the extreme end. I genuinely don't understand what people are concerned about - what risk does Ekona pose to this forum or society in general? Answers on a postcard please :snack:

Yes he is forthright but we aren't lemmings or wallflowers. It's not Rumania in the 70s... we don't have to do what he says.

In places I have worked, Dan would be nowhere near the extreme end. I genuinely don't understand what people are concerned about - what risk does Ekona pose to this forum or society in general? Answers on a postcard please :snack:

Give how many cars he's driven I think he must be a Gone In 60 Seconds style professional car booster! He's a threat to us all.

Strong views with sound reasoning often upsets people (talking generally here not about posters here), the kind who switch to name calling when they've been disproven. They exist almost EVERYWHERE.

• Like 1

Give how many cars he's driven I think he must be a Gone In 60 Seconds style professional car booster! He's a threat to us all.

Strong views with sound reasoning often upsets people (talking generally here not about posters here), the kind who switch to name calling when they've been disproven. They exist almost EVERYWHERE.

People have opinions that differ big deal. It's the people who try to stir that are the worst.

• Like 1

So you disagree with me about the cars, yet haven't driven 2/3rds of the ones I mention. Man, I wish I could do car reviews from the comfort of my couch, would make life so much easier. I didn’t pretend to do a review.

I appreciate the comparison between myself and Harris though, thanks. I do like his style of writing, and I guess that probably shows in my own at times. I enjoy writing about cars, and occasionally I get some positive comments on those pieces from others on here about them, but you can't please everyone. Just goes to show how some people are fooled by people who pretend to know everything about everything.

Everyone else has given their opinion on the cars, like I did, and yet you didn't feel the need to criticise them. If you could point me to the part of my post where I say that everyone else is wrong and that my opinion is the only one that matters, that would be great.

Both the Evora and the 911 are 2+2s, just like the GTR. The seats in the GTR are slightly more useful than the other two, but then I wouldn't be the person sitting in the back in any of them so I didn't really feel that was a pertinent point to pick up on. I guess if the OP had asked "Which car would you choose out of the Evora S and the GTR, and seat space in the rear is the priority?", then I'd have given a different answer. It’s just another plus point. The boot space of the GTR is approx 250L, the Evora 160L, and the 911 135L. Again, I didn't realise that practicality was an important consideration for the OP, else I'd have put the GTR ahead. As it stands, and if it was my £50K, I'd pick the Evora S as it would suit me better. Both cars are stunning in their own right, and both have some glaring issues that has stopped me buying one, but I would pick the Lotus. I'm sorry that offends you so much.

Now, let's see your objective comparison between the two cars mentioned before you carry on criticising

I just think you’re just a ubiquitous pompous, self-opinionated contributor to this forum that others would do better to take with a pinch of salt.

I remember when you did your ridiculous trip to Spain and you came on here announcing your grandiose plans, and then went meekly to the PH forum to ask for advice. Having done your trip, you then came back on here as the expert in Continental travel, having already established yourself as the expert in everything from tyres, and all types of cars, to why the unemployed should work for their dole. Is there anything that you are not profoundly expert in? Big fish – small pond is the phrase that springs to mind

Weird, I look at your posts and think of this:

cock.jpg

I personally think its a positive addition to any forum to have someone who has actually driven a variety of cars in a variety of situations and is able to express his thoughts - sure, you might not agree with them but as he says, they are a shedload more valid than a tool who only drives when hes in bed, fast asleep.

Ekona and his (sometimes outspoken) opinions bring a lot to this message board and club in general, whereas you just seem to bring a bad attitude and not much to say. Im sure you are really pleased with your comments here but theres nothing in them - no content, no opinion, no fact, you arent an MP's assistant are you? Same as anything, if you dont like what youre reading then dont read it.

• Like 1

Weird, I look at your posts and think of this:

cock.jpg

I personally think its a positive addition to any forum to have someone who has actually driven a variety of cars in a variety of situations and is able to express his thoughts - sure, you might not agree with them but as he says, they are a shedload more valid than a tool who only drives when hes in bed, fast asleep.

Ekona and his (sometimes outspoken) opinions bring a lot to this message board and club in general, whereas you just seem to bring a bad attitude and not much to say. Im sure you are really pleased with your comments here but theres nothing in them - no content, no opinion, no fact, you arent an MP's assistant are you? Same as anything, if you dont like what youre reading then dont read it.

I agree with yourself docwra! We all know the people on here who know what they're talking about. I respect Dans comments a lot, even when I don't necessarily agree, I know there's good reasoning behind what he is saying.

Meh, I couldn't care less if people disagree with what I say, that's up to them and each to their own and all that. It's when people disagree without offering a single reasoned response that does my nut in, but then I always have trouble communicating with the terminally stupid. I just don't have the patience for them.

I'm not sure why me asking for help on my Euro trip on PH, then doing it, then sharing my experience based upon knowledge I now have is a bad thing though. Is that not what we as decent human beings do, offer our experiences with others to help them learn more? If that makes me a bad person then so be it.

Same goes with tyres, or chassis tuning, or gaming, or eating mass amounts of greasy take-outs: If I'm interested in it and happen to have learnt a few things along the way, then why wouldn't I share that with others? Sure, you can disapprove of my tone sometimes as I know I can come across a little high-and-mighty in places, but I can promise you that if you look at where and when I do it you'll see that either the OP was irritating, rude, stupid, or a combination. I have NEVER been outright brash to someone who was polite. Ever. Go check if you like.

Hell, even my first response on this thread was measured and reasoned, until someone came along and queried it without offering anything approaching a sensible comment.