Bleak future :-(

MrsNiki

Well i've been through all of the options again and again, but it seems that Zak the Zed has to go :(

I need to move on to something more economical that gives me no urges to modify. Have got a lot of mileage to cover in the next year or so, and will also be looking to buy another property, and as much as i love my zed, he is just costing me too many pennies that i can't justify right now. I have bought lots of goodies for him in the past couple of months, but haven't got round to fitting them all, so they will be going up for sale once he has gone.

I'm not gonna go totally sensible and boring, still need a car with a bit of something about it (especially as it will be a demon juice drinking smoke chucker) so looking along the lines of a Seat Leon FR TDi. (any other idea's welcome)

And before anybody says it, i'm not pregnant.... Seems my mum thinks thats the only reason i need a new car!!

One thing i have noticed is that on other car forums there is no atmosphere, no banter or much in the way of big welcomes. I can't keep a car just because of a great forum though :lol:

Anywho, won't be selling privately, need to buy in the next couple of weeks so will be trading in ASAP.

Being grown up sucks.

FRs are good cars.....esp after relative cheap remap and DPF removal.

So go on, give us an idea of the bits n bobs you've got left from the Z?? Megan racing springs by chance?

Good luck with the new motor (when you get it)

Edited by aidan

The springs will stay on, not gonna mess around changing them... I will have a stillen splitter, berks hfc's, side steps, a rear diffuser and some other bits and bobs, all stuff i bought but never fitted!! (Not taking dibs on anything, all will go up for sale in relevant section when i get home from offshore next week!)

Yeah heard nothing but good stuff about the FR's, and other half is already checking out the bluefin remap thingy for me!

Not test driven anything yet, but the day after i get home is car shopping day, so fingers crossed i find something decent!

The FRs are good cars. I had a petrol FR before the Z and had it remapped with the Bluefin device that you do at home, very easy to do and gives you an extra 40bhp at stage 1 with no other mods. The diesels are actually more popular due to the large amount of torque and very good mpg return. The Seat forum isn't as good as here though, but the trader Dave at Seres Motors was really helpful with supplying bits and advising.

If I had to go sensible, I'd probably go for another Leon. It's a VW Golf in different clothing basically.

Go for for a white FR with the Supercopa kit, they look really nice. :)

• Like 1

Yeah i'm not leaving here... I'll be like that dodgy Jag man that keeps hanging around... :lol:

theres about 4 of us now :lol:

Any more and it will start to look like a takeover bid :boxing:

Sorry to hear the news missniki - be sorry not to see you out at meets and the Wales weekend :(

Yeah Vik, it does suck having to do this, but i keep reminding myself that its only to get me through a short period, and theres no reason why i can't go back to the zed in a year or so when things have settled down and i'm not doing so much travelling and house shopping!

I don't think i could actually leave this forum now if i wanted to, met so many great people, and have the good fortune to get to last years Wales weekend which goes down as one of the best experiences ever!! :teeth:

I'll still be here, with ALL of the dodgy Jag fella's :lol:

Once i get a car sorted i will post on here, but it will be standard (please don't shame me on the 'standard car picture' thread!) and i will expect the same amount of oohs and ahhs to make me feel like i've made the right decision and that whatever i buy is almost as cool as the zed!!

:D

• Like 1

Its good that when people change cars they dont feel obliged to leave the forum, I used to run a Tiger (Westfield, Lotus 7 type) and still am an active member of the Tiger forum and still go for runs out with them, so if ever you are out and about and you see a gaggle of Tigers roaring past with a Zed in hot pursuit, that will probably be me :teeth:

Cars may change but friends remain friends.

Ok, it may not be a SEAT Leon (far from it infact), but off to test drive this little scamp on Wednesday when i get home from offshore....

http://www.walkersmotorgroup.co.uk/vauxhall/used/citroen/ds3/16-hdi-16v-110-dsport-3dr/worksop/nottinghamshire/14582105

I love the look of these cars, and this is the slightly more powerful diesel, the110bhp model.... Sounds so pitiful going from a zed to this, but i am assured they are good fun to drive, quite nippy little things.

What swung it for me was the spoiler and twin exhaust on the back... totally pointless but made me smile!! :lol:

Opinions?