what the!!! is claying

RDON

Claying is the step in detailing that takes your love affair with your car to a whole new level, you won't just gaze lovingly at it you will start to stroke it every time you walk past it

Have a look on YouTube it will make more sense

Takes hours out of your day and makes you find every single scratch and dent in your paintwork. Makes you depressed then search forums and ebay for parts to improve/resolve theses problems. Then once you've spent another few hours polishing and waxing it, you'll admire it and go buy MORE parts to improve the look of your car more.

So if you want to be depressed and in debt. start claying!

• Like 3

first time i ever used a clay bar was with the Zed you will not believe how smooth the car will feel after a clay bar! and your moments away from driving to Halfruads to get yourself one ;)

your luv affair will end up looking something like..

1 wash the car 2 bucket method

alt SNOW FOAM :p

2 wait to dry or chamy

3 paint polish application

4 wax application

5 optional sealant, as alot of wax's have additives to prolong the life of said wax

this is a start your need a few hours spare A FEW :p.

edit

also throw away your sponge, as your about to go OTT,

buy sheep skin :) or tbf i use a sponge that looks like lots of noodles ;)

microfibre cloths

polish applicator pads

what i will say for entry level detailing you wont go far wrong with an autoglym set, the resin polish bought the white out of my integra's champion white.

Edited by Sempiternal

Throw away the chamois leather!!!

Only ever dry your car with microfibres cloths OR even better get yourself a "Wooly Mammoth" towel.

The Wooly Mammoth is a huge wooly (!) towel, if your car is well sealed (or waxed) the water will have beaded and the Mammoth simply soaks up the water simply by laying it on, no need to wipe.

David

• Like 1

Only ever dry your car with microfibres cloths OR even better get yourself a "Wooly Mammoth" towel.

The Wooly Mammoth is a huge wooly (!) towel, if your car is well sealed (or waxed) the water will have beaded and the Mammoth simply soaks up the water simply by laying it on, no need to wipe.

David

i have similar method, i just used the term chamy.. i use a microfibre towel and various other expensive bits of drying cloth.

;)

• Like 1

David

Wooly Mammouth is really good. I got one last week after using a waffle weave towel for ages, so glad I changed now as like you say, you literally lay it on the panel and lift off and its dry! Don't even need to wring it out. :)

Edited by Jp606

I used a clay bar for the first time last weekend, it's great. My car had a visable line of I respray on the roof and the rear bumper has always been quite matt even after polishing and waxing due to overspray. I think the previous owner has used smart repairers in the last.

Anyway with a bit of elbow grease all the overspray has gone!

Jon

ok!!! thanks for the info guys ;) but this leads to more questions lol!! which is the better clay bars to get and which solution to use with the clay bar?

i bought this from halfords when they were promoting a 3 for 2 deal ! http://www.ebay.co.u...6-/130883338704

its a Megulars Claybar kit n Spray! worked a Charm on my Zed

Edited by Sempiternal

I use dodo juice clay lube, and clay bar from i4detailing. Cheap to get the concentrated dodo juice and lasts forever! Then the clay bar is cheap too. No point getting an expensive one coz you should only use it a couple of times anyway due to the nature of picking up grit and stuff from the paint. Completely defeats the object if you start rubbing that over the paint again next time!

Edited by Slosh