Where do your socks with holes end up?

The G Man

Without the wish to seem confrontational why do so many Scots say mines or mine's when the correct word is mine? Just asking and interested to know.

Have you asked the French why they wear striped jumpers and hang onions around their necks? :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist. I'm guessing its just regional dialect which has made it's way to written word but I have wondered over similar things in the past

Edited by Fodder

Without the wish to seem confrontational why do so many Scots say mines or mine's when the correct word is mine? Just asking and interested to know.

Have you asked the French why they wear striped jumpers and hang onions around their necks? :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist. I'm guessing its just regional dialect which has made it's way to written word but I have wondered over similar things in the past

No I haven't but funnily enough I haven't seen any dressed that way yet either :lol: It's interesting how these things happen, I've noticed NeilP sometimes uses it too, I think he's a from the Glasgow area, so it would be interesting to know if it extends to other regions as well?

No I haven't but funnily enough I haven't seen any dressed that way yet either :lol: It's interesting how these things happen, I've noticed NeilP sometimes uses it too, I think he's a from the Glasgow area, so it would be interesting to know if it extends to other regions as well?

My dogs can also extend your regions :teeth: No idea on your question, but up here in hoop hoo land, it sounds right, I blame my teachers :lol:

My dogs can also extend your regions :teeth: No idea on your question, but up here in hoop hoo land, it sounds right, I blame my teachers :lol:

sounds fair enough to me then, just one of those things. :) They do have a lot to answer for I guess :)

And American's say "anyways" that always irritates me!

Anyway, back to the conversation. Mine just vanish from the draw when they get holes in, it's only happened in the 4 years since I started living with my girlfriend though, so I think she has a connection with the sock fairy or something.