Took delivery of this bad boy and bad girl today!

The G Man

PS - Don't want to be negative (I think the car looks lovely and I'll be seriously considering one when it comes time to change) but it does look as though they're still not getting a great match between body and bumper on the white cars - do you notice a difference "in the flesh"?

One of my neighbours has the new style Cayman. Looks boring as heck compared to the standard Z let alone the Nismo.)

I have some specs you can borrow if you want. ;)

Nismo does nothing for me, but for some odd reason I find the Mini thing quite beguiling. I have no idea why, I know they're not selling at all well, but still I think the backwards baseball cap thing has grown on me. Much like the original 370 has, I guess.

Edited by Ekona

One of my neighbours has the new style Cayman. Looks boring as heck compared to the standard Z let alone the Nismo.)

I have some specs you can borrow if you want. ;)

Nismo does nothing for me' date=' but for some odd reason I find the Mini thing quite beguiling. I have no idea why, I know they're not selling at all well, but still I think the backwards baseball cap thing has grown on me. Much like the original 370 has, I guess.

[/quote']

:lol: Might be because the car in question is a very flat and dull grey colour. I'm sure it would look better in a different colour.

Oh in that case I completely agree with you. Drives me nuts when people buy sports cars in dull colours like Resale Grey! :bang:

Yup. It's very very flat grey. I can quite see it would be better in a different colour. There's another bloke down my road who worked for Porsche and used to drive an older style Cayman R in white which I thought looked very nice.

I'm really considering buying one now! That is stunning

They're waiting for you on Sunday :D

PS - Don't want to be negative (I think the car looks lovely and I'll be seriously considering one when it comes time to change) but it does look as though they're still not getting a great match between body and bumper on the white cars - do you notice a difference "in the flesh"?

Erm not really, seen it in all different lights now and I haven't noticed, I'll have a closer look tomoz :)

Oh in that case I completely agree with you. Drives me nuts when people buy sports cars in dull colours like Resale Grey! :bang:

The only colour I was contemplating was Amaranth Red, maybe Racing Yellow :)

Hey buddy,

Have to say - always thought if I bought a 370z it would be getting the amused slapped on but that is a seriously good looking car. Could you PM me the deal you got on this bad boy as I could be seriously tempted - plus since I live in your neck of the woods when am I getting a swatch?

Congrats again - you must be proper chuffed!

You didn't even mention last sunday you where getting this George !

I doubt you will chasing 350z again in that beast :lol:

That will wake me up this Sunday when I am tired :yawn::yahoo:

You must've been scoffing burgers when I was talking about it :teeth:

I was scoffing burgers when you were telling me :lol: . the car looks great George and I cant wait to see it in the flesh :thumbs:

• Like 1

You know what, there did seem like a difference today in the sunshine, but as soon as you changed the angle of stare, it went away, also, I think the way the body kit is shaped throws a lot of curves inward and outward that tricks the eye.

I've decided it's a feature so it's a good thing :lol: , will get the boys on this Sunday's meet onto this for fresh opinion.

You know what, there did seem like a difference today in the sunshine, but as soon as you changed the angle of stare, it went away, also, I think the way the body kit is shaped throws a lot of curves inward and outward that tricks the eye.

I've decided it's a feature so it's a good thing :lol: , will get the boys on this Sunday's meet onto this for fresh opinion.

I'm sorry if I planted a seed of doubt mate. I repeat that it's a gorgeous car and I know from my own experience (my first 370Z was a white one) that it only tends to be noticeable in certain lights. The rear bumper on mine was very poorly matched and it used to bug me a lot (it was more noticeable in poor light / dull conditions). It's been a known issue with some white 370Zs and GTRs, all apparently down to the way paint sits on plastic and metal (doesn't really explain why other companies seem to be able to create a decent match on white cars). If its not very noticeable and doesn't bother you - fair play. Either way, it's a lovely looking car by any measure and 99.9% of people would probably never even notice it. :)

I have the Storm White and can't say that I have noticed an colour difference between the bodywork and bumpers. On my Azure 350 you could see a slight difference.

I know I am biased but the car does look so much better in the flesh. Some photo's make it look bland and in some case, dare I say ugly, but it really does look good when you are stood in front of it.Ive had a lot of attention in mine since I took delivery - all good! :thumbs:

I have the Storm White and can't say that I have noticed an colour difference between the bodywork and bumpers. On my Azure 350 you could see a slight difference.

I know I am biased but the car does look so much better in the flesh. Some photo's make it look bland and in some case, dare I say ugly, but it really does look good when you are stood in front of it.Ive had a lot of attention in mine since I took delivery - all good! :thumbs:

I think the bumper issue varies from car to car. I think your point about photos v reality is true of the 370Z in general. Photos just don't do these cars justice and I reckon they look like they should cost a lot more than they actually do. I wash mine by hand in the road and I've lost count of the number of times people have commented on it - really makes you feel great to own a car that turns heads :)

• 3 weeks later...

Look forward to hear how you find the Nismo version compared to your previous 370.

First thing is how does the exhaust noise compare......?

Coming home from work last night and, my mrs said she could hear the car from a long way away and she was in bed, our room is at the back of the house!! The dogs started barking as well, it really is quite a bit louder, getting louder as the miles go on as well, happy with that :teeth: