Carbon fibre wheels / hydro dipping

anglais49

Hydro-dipped carbon fibre wheels...  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Like or don't like?

• Good
    • Bad

I'm just after some opinions of the masses really. What do y'all think about hydro-dipped carbon fibre wheels?

In case you're not familiar, this link shows some examples: http://goo.gl/QP3pOl - not my site btw & not my image below, both just Googled.

$T2eC16hHJF8FFp-JCgd7BRo57Qdc3w~~60_35.JPG

(To clarify it isn't real carbon fibre, just effect).

I think lot of smaller accessory type parts look really good with the carbon fibre wrap, but I can't make my mind up about the wheels. They're either mega or horribly tacky... It's always hard to tell what you'll think before you see them on your car, by which time it's too late!

I've got a set of black Rota GTRs that need a refurb. I've got access to a hydro dipping tank and can get them done in carbon fibre for the same price as getting a normal refurb.

I don't know which way to go.... and since I will probably end up selling the wheels anyway, I ought to think about which will be easier/harder to sell, or worth more/less...

Opinions welcome :)

It completely depends on the wheel and how well its been dipped.

I quite like this one :

http://www.wewrapitall.com/images/carbonfiberwheel.jpg

Like those. To me it would be pretty obvious that they aren't likely to be real carbon wheels unless the owner was minted in which case he'd probably have a much more expensive car. Don't see any difference in choosing a paint colour over carbon dipped wheels unless the owner was trying to pass them off as real!

The better half has some dipped items on her Evo. I like it. It looks pretty good for a fake and is far superior to the awful wrap stuff.

I mean, yeah the real deal is always the best thing..but for the price it is a very good alternative.

Like how Rota got so popular with 'fake' wheels.

Edited by mattross1313
  • Like 1

The better half has some dipped items on her Evo. I like it. It looks pretty good for a fake and is far superior to the awful wrap stuff.

I mean, yeah the real deal is always the best thing..but for the price it is a very good alternative.

Like how Rota got so popular with 'fake' wheels.

But rotas arnt Prending to be made of a material there not?

No, but as most people cant afford TE37's they buy Rota.

Cant afford stupid money on a carbon bonnet, get it dipped.

Plus, in my misses case the bonnet on an Evo weighs nothing to start with, so carbon would give no benefit other than looks......we just went for looks.

Yea but there branded as rota, Yes i agree if they go stick volk center caps and sticker on then yea its the same thing But there not claiming there volks Which making a carbon bonnet Hydra dipped Kinda implys i want it to be take as CF, I dont want want my rotas to be called Te37 if that makes sense So i don't stick the stickers of volk to give the impression that its something its not i still use the Rota branding Because i no and im not trying give the illusion there not rotas.

I'm with StevoD here, i've got Varrstoen wheels as i wanted something like the te37's but i could in no way afford to spend 1k a wheel!

But at the same time i won't ever plaster any Volk stickers on them, they are Varrstoens through and through, nothing ever goes on my car unless it has a rightful place to be there, i don't want to fake something just to get the look, it has to have some other use to it as well.

I bought my carbon fibre wheels for my Daytona since, well, theyre carbon fibre! But it also reduces the unsprung mass, making a nimble bike feel like it's not even there, unfortunately it's still getting work done to it as everything except the chassis and engine is carbon fibre :p

But in the end 2 wheels cost me £2000! For a car the price increases to somewhere in the region of 4k a wheel alone!

I can understand ppl wanting to get their wheels or car wrapped or hydrodipped in carbon fibre, but even at a distance i could tell the difference between real and hyrdrodipped as it doesn't have that 3D effect that carbon fibre produces.

Edited by Drayvn

• 2 months later...

**************************;-)

Are you the genuine Aquagraphix from Blackwood then? Heard lot's of good things about your work and was contemplating sending you a few bit's from my Zed to do in the new year. Are you going to try and get set up as a Trader on here then? ;)
  • Like 1

Are you the genuine Aquagraphix from Blackwood then? Heard lot's of good things about your work and was contemplating sending you a few bit's from my Zed to do in the new year. Are you going to try and get set up as a Trader on here then? ;)

Hahaha yes we are THE Aquagraphix from Blackwood and yes as soon as we can we will be traders on here

We will be happy to treat your parts to a little Aquagraphix awesomeness ;-)

************************* ;-)

Hahaha yes we are THE Aquagraphix from Blackwood and yes as soon as we can we will be traders on here

We will be happy to treat your parts to a little Aquagraphix awesomeness ;-)

That's fantastic. Been eyeing up your site for awhile now and just need to wait for the Christmas spending madness to die down before I can treat my car to some of your great dipped products. Welcome aboard btw. :D