Need a winter car...

Katy

I know when the snow comes my zed stays put. Tried it a couple of times in both zeds i've owned in the country roads nearby and its amazing how the car in the snow developes a mind of its own and goes where it pleases.

A little fwd or 4x4 is a great idea. I was thinking of pandas.

I remember last year loads of bmws where parked up stranded on our local road and a little chap in his morris minor when whizzinvpast on his skinny tyres and straight up the hill. He was beaming away i can tell you

Don't buy a cheap surf...

They are money pits and prone to the head gaskets going!

Come see me... I'll sort this problem and the kids can go to the park!!

Everyone happy!!

G

That was only on one of the engines, 2.? TD I think, I believe the 3.0 TD didn't suffer that problem from what I recall. I'd still prefer a land cruiser though. ;)

Not 4WD but last year my winter car was a 2003 Peugeot 307HDI. Absolutely massive boot on it, huge. Plenty of room inside for 4 adults. It was a 2.0 with only 90bhp but me & a bunch of mates all went to Manchester & back in it no problem. It was my wifes old car, she`d used it all year until we got her the Nissan Juke, so I decided to use her old car over winter. It was returning 56mpg day in day out, on my 90mile commute, never got stuck in snow and only expense I had to fork out on it over the 18 years we owned it was 2 new tyres and front suspension top mounts. Cheapest car ive had maintenance wise. We sold it for £1600 with 120k on the clock, having done 40k miles on it in the time we had it.

Not the most exciting car in the world, but for room, economy and cheapness I couldnt fault it. Compared to my mk4 golf, it was certainly a lot cheaper to run, although not quite as good build quality & driving experience.

Only just seen this thread, thanks for the link 14N.

Sold it in a day, the bloke that bought it did a trip from south Wales to just north of London and pretty much bought it before seeing it.

I love the Jimney's, a good quality small 4x4, defiantly consider it!