chubby ninjas supercharged build, update page 5!

Just when I had got supercharging mine out of my head I went and watched that video, DAMMMMM YOOOOU! HA HA sounds amazing and looks awesome to. Now all I have to do is start a secret savings from the misses and get it done. I say secret as she wasn't best pleased when I told her I was having a service done, and 3 weeks later came back with a fully rebuilt uprated engine with new exhaust system. Could have got away with it to if I hadn't left the invoice on my passenger seat WHOOPS!!

Just thought I'd share that story as I found it funny, awesome work dude, internet high five :thumbs:

:lol: i had the fund for the wedding and blew it supercharging the car, then split up with the fiance and she never found out id blew the money. so just as well it went tits up :lol: . the less they know about costs the better. im a free man now so i can do what i please :dance:

Dear god that tunnel run sounds epic. When its dry id love to see/hear a proper run through a couple of gears though ;)

ive got a slightly better video of a rolling start in 1st but cant put it on the forum ;) . pm me youre email address and il send it over :teeth:

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Why don't you wash your car and get a pic up of the CS rear you put on? or all the coil overs you put on? or the oil cooler that you put on(not very well)? or the OEM front bumper you destroyed with a drill :lol: ?

get this updated now!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

well after not updating this for aggggeeeeessss and getting grief about it (hensh) i thought i better do a wee update of the new parts that ive been buying and fitting. i cant remember exactly what order i got them but here goes....

first up i bought some HKS Hypermax RS coilovers from Ewan at clark motorsport, just like to say they went out their way to get them to me even bringing them to knockhill and meeting me there. They are a lovely piece of kit and drive great on the road, offering great handling and arent bouncy at all when the dampening is set up right, even as hard as they will go they arent too crashy and drift brilliant. Also fitted some whiteline adjustable droplinks as mine were gubbed.

20140524_154248_zps85rrrfkl.jpg

20140524_154053_zpsmw1kr3it.jpg

20140524_154012_zpsx9bnqibo.jpg

Once i fitted these i knew it was just a matter of time before id be on track so the next logical step would be to get an oil cooler as the engine would be getting mega hot with the charger screaming round a track so i went for a mishimoto thermostatic19 row cooler. it came very well packaged and was overly impressed with the quality of the kit.

20140626_182619_zpszrtmoiqx.jpg

when fitting this i was wanting to go with it hanging off the front bumper with the pipes visible but it wasnt really going to work so i had to change my idea. it wouldnt fit in the place it is meant to go as there is now a big intercooler in the way :lol: so had to make up my own brackets and delicately cut my bumper up with a grinder and hole saw :lol: . im a big fan of function over form and i love the look of it hanging out rough and ready! also got some help from this wee guy :lol:

1404742708807_zpswl0bftgg.jpg

20140804_173022_zpsg6jthkle.jpg

20140804_173041_zps7nprpkz0.jpg

I also bought an HKS earthing kit from a member on here and fitted that, absolutely no difference to the way it runs but looks a bit better.

Then i had my first ever track experience with a tracknight at knockhill but it nearly ended in disaster, at the end of the straight on my first lap i spun out still doing around 90mph and just missed a wall :lol: , ended up doing a few spins on the grass and drove right back onto the track again :lol: . i was extremely lucky not to do any damage and only lost the two centre caps for my rotas, easily replaced

Edited by The Chubby Ninja
  • Like 2

Nice! I love your rims, they were a top contender for me when I was wheel hunting :)

thanks mate, i came across them by chance and didnt realise how shiny they were before they arrived, love them now though. 3 out of 4 are curbed so they will be getting a refurb next year. Probably going to be a loud colour like bright green or pink or something stupid like that :lol:

• Like 1