chubby ninjas supercharged build, update page 5!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have had an 4 inch iron rod taken out of one of my tyres before...my old Mazda 323f! ....Drove home from Kwik fit once to find they didn't put the wheel on properly!...my local garage last year put a huge gouge in my alloy with the machine. All those times I have said some terrible words. Then a little while after that I cracked an alloy and the same time lost the wheel nut key down the drain...just rolled on in there! Massive nightmare.

Just been having a good read through all of this whilst the Mrs watches X Factor. Awesome motor you've got there The Chubby Ninja but flippin' hell cannot believe some of your bad luck on the way to Abbey. Glad to read it turned out all good for you in the end and the car sound's great on that dyno. Would love to see you do a tunnel run in the charged beast. B):thumbs:

Well I have had an 4 inch iron rod taken out of one of my tyres before...my old Mazda 323f! ....Drove home from Kwik fit once to find they didn't put the wheel on properly!...my local garage last year put a huge gouge in my alloy with the machine. All those times I have said some terrible words. Then a little while after that I cracked an alloy and the same time lost the wheel nut key down the drain...just rolled on in there! Massive nightmare.

what a nightmare, I could just see the wheel nut key rolling into the drain in slow motion :lol:

Just been having a good read through all of this whilst the Mrs watches X Factor. Awesome motor you've got there The Chubby Ninja but flippin' hell cannot believe some of your bad luck on the way to Abbey. Glad to read it turned out all good for you in the end and the car sound's great on that dyno. Would love to see you do a tunnel run in the charged beast. B):thumbs:

cheers mate, im actually thinking of doing a tunnel run soon because it sounds awesome. watch this space ;)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

just a little update, my brakes were feeling pretty rubbish when slowing down from high speeds so i ordered some EBC ultimax discs and EBC yellowstuff pads from cougar store. Great service and price and quick delivery. 20140122_172825_zps2ad84145.jpg

i fitted them myself and when i was doing them i noticed that the front drivers side wheel bearing was knackerd so i ordered and fitted a new hub as well. when doing the hub i took the brake caliper off and just left it hanging on the brake pipe (bad move). i tried to bend the brake pipe a little to get better access to the hub bolts and thats when the pipe snapped and the caliper fell and hit me on the foot :lol: . so i had to clamp the flexi brake pipe with vice grips and tie wrap them to the strut for a slow and dodgy drive to the garage where my mate made me up a new pipe and fitted it for £20, score. anyway heres a pic of the brakes after their bedding in

20140207_143659_zpsc0a8dfd9.jpg

also i dont know when/if the gearbox and diff oil have been changed so iv ordered some diff, gear and engine oil from clark motorsport aswell as a oil filter and tube of molyslip to see what everyones raving about. again great service from clark and rapid delivery. its great having such good traders on this forum. but before the service it is going in to get my new chargespeed rear fitted on monday :teeth: . i will update with pics when i get it back

Iv had bad days, but nothing like that, jesus, You must have wondered if you would ever get there! Well done on your car though, sounds awesome, and i bet it goes like a stabbed rat. Hope you have a smoother run of things now, and you can enjoy the power

• Like 1

It's official now after that video I'm in love with your Zed. :wub::lol:

Sounds incredible but on the video I felt like it was a bit of a co*k teaser. Next time when you're on that private road I'd really like it if you properly punched it. :evil::thumbs:

haha on that particular night in my private tunnel it was very wet and trying to film with one hand wasnt great and didnt have a spare hand to turn the traction back on :lol: . i will take someone with me next time and i will drive it proper :lol: . hensh knows my tunnel lol (that sounds extremely dirty :scare: )

• Like 2

Just when I had got supercharging mine out of my head I went and watched that video, DAMMMMM YOOOOU! HA HA sounds amazing and looks awesome to. Now all I have to do is start a secret savings from the misses and get it done. I say secret as she wasn't best pleased when I told her I was having a service done, and 3 weeks later came back with a fully rebuilt uprated engine with new exhaust system. Could have got away with it to if I hadn't left the invoice on my passenger seat WHOOPS!!

Just thought I'd share that story as I found it funny, awesome work dude, internet high five :thumbs:

• Like 1