porsche interiors

ddcboyle

Why is it you pay 20grand for a 370z and has beautiful interior, yet you can pay40grand for a porsche at the same speed, yet the interior looks like its from the stone age.

Seems nothing about weight gain, just looks rats. I think focus interior is probably better.

Was just skimming through autotrader and couldnt find one nice interior except brand new models

It's all about design and quality. Personally, I think the 370Z interior is a mess of materials and the mixture of digital and analogue is jarring, and in that respect I find the 350Z much better. Clearly the finish quality is better on the later car, though.

On the other hand, whilst the 9x7 cars (assuming you mean that age, judging by the cost) may look a little dull, it's incredibly functional and the quality is bang-on the money. A 100k miler 9x7 interior will look as good as it did the day it rolled out of the factory: Try saying that with a Ford or Nissan. the 9x7.1 cars look dated due to the PCM 2.1 system, but the 9x7.2 cars did improve on this with the PCM3 touchscreen (part of the reason I wanted a 997.2 car!). The 9x6 cars were a shambles, both in quality and aesthetics, but if you go back to the 993 and previous you'll again see that even 30-40 year old cars are holding up superbly, and much better than anything else of that era.

Try finding a 355 without sticky buttons or peeling leather and plastics, or trying to find everything first time on a 458. The first is poor quality, the latter poor ergonomics. And they're much more expensive than a 370Z!

My mates Boxster S Spyder is quality inside.

Minimalistic at first glance, but everything's tight and the finish top draw.

The seats are great.

Don't take photographs as a true reflection, travelling in them is a much better way to get a more accurate opinion.

It's all about design and quality. Personally, I think the 370Z interior is a mess of materials and the mixture of digital and analogue is jarring, and in that respect I find the 350Z much better. Clearly the finish quality is better on the later car, though.

On the other hand, whilst the 9x7 cars (assuming you mean that age, judging by the cost) may look a little dull, it's incredibly functional and the quality is bang-on the money. A 100k miler 9x7 interior will look as good as it did the day it rolled out of the factory: Try saying that with a Ford or Nissan. the 9x7.1 cars look dated due to the PCM 2.1 system, but the 9x7.2 cars did improve on this with the PCM3 touchscreen (part of the reason I wanted a 997.2 car!). The 9x6 cars were a shambles, both in quality and aesthetics, but if you go back to the 993 and previous you'll again see that even 30-40 year old cars are holding up superbly, and much better than anything else of that era.

Try finding a 355 without sticky buttons or peeling leather and plastics, or trying to find everything first time on a 458. The first is poor quality, the latter poor ergonomics. And they're much more expensive than a 370Z!

Is this even English! :lol:

Porsche interiors do generally look a bit dull, but as others have mentioned the build quality is excellent and they wear very well. I had a 986 which was even more bland than the 9x7 series but it was never something that bothered me as it all just did what is was designed to do and nothing ever broke.

I do agree that the more recent cars have definitely stepped up their game in terms of interior design, maybe this is the Audi/VW influence starting to come through.

German cars in general aren't the flashiest but they are usually comfy and easy to navigate. They will stay good for years like IMO the 350z interior.

Re the 986 interior it is terrible but in such a car what do you need really. It's pretty focused. Only thing I don't like is window switches and the indicators feel like 10p toothbrushes. Other than that it is leather and solid.

The 997 interior on the C2S I drove put me off the car - garish, shiny and generally a bit blingy. Like this:

PORSCHE911CarreraS-1186_6.jpg

but with more silvery bits. Weird, as I really like everything pre 997, I think they had a recognisable style as well :)

Porsche interiors (and despite note owning one, ive been in quite a lot lol) are generally horrid looking. Possibly simplistic? but I get the deal with the original post, for the price you want some decent looking colour, shapes, design. I'd rather have an Audi-esq interior than a Porsche. Especially early caymans etc...or tbh all caymans/boxters... grey and dull and lifeless. A lot can be done with tiny changes such as the shade of a colour. The 350Z HRs seem just that bit more "classy" than the 276 plain material, black and all it is, is a lighter colour and the plastics have a "finish" to them, like woven crap or whatever. BUT the new 911 with its transmission tunnel thing, looks great! Still not sure on their chrome steering wheels though lol

DBlock I'd go so far as to say I'd rather sit in a 350Z (facelift mind you) than any Cayman/Boxter... have you sat in one? Have you seen how bad they look?? And how many times you gonna jump in with that lol Just because I have a Nissan doesn't mean the cayamans interior isn't crap..which it is. Theres loads of stuff I could say is crap. One of my family members used to work within Auctions and brought home a DB9, it had the dark royal red leather (cant mind its exact name)...and it does not age well at all, and the original silver...more dull greyish centre part and turn knobs looked cheap as hell... wanna have a pop at that too?? lol Shh Dblock shh :p (am only playin mate)... but the caymans interior is crap, theres no doubt. as much excitement as sitting inside a plastic box.

http://eng.namonitore.ru/wallpapers/big/salon_porsche_cayman_1280.html

That... looks cheap to me, by a mile. It might not actually be cheap but certainly looks it, in this case I think its def the grey colour. still hate the centre dash.

Came on leaps and bounds though... love this new look!

http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2012/11/2013-Porsche-Cayman-interior-1024x640.jpg

Edited by AMT

This isn't my mates car (I did look for one), its a library photo.

This is the interior of a Porsche Boxster S Spyder, the car he owns and I've been in.

It's a million times better than any 350Z I've sat in.

At which bits do you look at and think you'd rather look at the 350 ??

porsche-boxster-spyder-interior_1.jpg

porsche-boxster-spyder-interior-view.jpg

2011-porsche-boxster-spyder-10.jpg

But amt it is sparse but touch it and feel it. It wont feel cheap its strong good quality stuff all around and usually in leather. Germans love the subtle sober look.

Plus in 10 years the 350z will creak and groan and the porsche wont. Trust me on that.

But amt it is sparse but touch it and feel it. It wont feel cheap its strong good quality stuff all around and usually in leather. Germans love the subtle sober look.

Plus in 10 years the 350z will creak and groan and the porsche wont. Trust me on that.

Yep, my Zed interior was basically knackered after 112k and 8 years :surrender:

Yep, my Zed interior was basically knackered after 112k and 8 years :surrender:

Did you put that in the ad :lol:

On a serious note the Porsche cars I've been in (not many) have all been very functional and as others have said the touch and feel is a different level.

Edited by Fodder