The moment is almost here......

OV53

......for me to swap out the Cobra for a completely different kettle of fish altogether. I take delivery of something truly spectacular tomorrow and hopefully by the time the sun sets the air of Sunderland will be filled with a noise it has probably never been engulfed in before.

All will be revealed tomorrow! :D:wub::D:wub::D

So it has arrived! Just waiting for my phonecall to say my wheels are ready and I can drop this thing back off....

evu3aga4.jpg

.....and then it is all hands to pump to get this badboy fitted!

A little teaser.....

uvujy3ug.jpg

Let's just hope that the car is back before sundown or else it's Mrs Lawrence getting her hands dirty alongside me in the morning!

I thought that car already has a dc sports exhaust on?

It used to have one on and that was what my mate who had it before me said it had on but after a few days of getting to know the car I couldn't help but be bothered by the droniness of it, got underneath the back end of the car and saw the Cobra Sports sign stamped into the back box. Kinda got had over a bit there......but who gives a monkeys? I am now hours away from having something far more monstrous than both of them.....

Edited by OV53

I thought that car already has a dc sports exhaust on?

It used to have one on and that was what my mate who had it before me said it had on but after a few days of getting to know the car I couldn't help but be bothered by the droniness of it, got underneath the back end of the car and saw the Cobra Sports sign stamped into the back box. Kinda got had over a bit there......but who gives a monkeys? I am now hours away from having something far more monstrous than both of them.....

Do it nice or do it twice.

• Like 1

Well the time came to get the show on the road and then lo and behold the gasket for the flange between the backboxes and the midpipe was too small, and upon inspecting closer there was a split down one of the seams of one of the welds. No biggie I guess, just a pain in the arse that I've gotta get some stuff done to it first instead of just fastening it in!

Let's hope that tomorrow brings some better fortune!

Ha! Haven't technically done anything yet. I could have just put the thing in as is and then let it get worse.....that would result in it having to be done twice. The weld will be getting redone today and then the nice job of fitting will be done once, smart ass!

Well the time came to get the show on the road and then lo and behold the gasket for the flange between the backboxes and the midpipe was too small, and upon inspecting closer there was a split down one of the seams of one of the welds.

Sounds like a quality bit of gear you're fitting there.

• Like 1

Well the time came to get the show on the road and then lo and behold the gasket for the flange between the backboxes and the midpipe was too small, and upon inspecting closer there was a split down one of the seams of one of the welds.

Sounds like a quality bit of gear you're fitting there.

There will be some word munching going on when it's fitted! ;)

You may not have done anything - fitting it, but you did buy an exhaust that needs work done to it without checking it correctly first, so now you have to get it fixed and pay more money - a la doing it twice :p

It's an Amuse R1 Titanium exhaust so it's hardly @*!#, done nowt twice yet either. All of my jobs once fitted are spot on. You can only buy things second hand based on the photos you are provided, I could have driven the 400 mile round trip to go and see it but who realistically does that? The lad has already offered to reimburse me the cost of the rework so there's no massive issue other than me having to find somewhere that tig welds titanium.

All of the other welds are fine from what I can see, I'm a pipefitter by trade so I know what I'm looking for.

It could have been anything, even a slight knock may have fractured it slightly then the heat slowly opened it up. It's an inch fracture like so it's an hour's work maximum to rework, seems that some of the fabricators round here have the fear and the only one that will go for it is talking a canny bit money (which is getting reimbursed so I'm not bothered)