Newbie saying Hi

Been looking around the forum for a few weeks now, learning alot and reading through a number of old threads to learn more about the Z. I used the site before I bought my Z to get a idea of common problems and buying guides etc, so with the help of the site (and an US Z forum) I went for a 2007 GT 313 Roadster (think its called a revup?)

1001547_10151803285168706_978693224_n.jpg

Absolutley loving it! Took it to Brands Hatch to test it out as it will purely be a summer fun/trackday car. Car was amazing, felt great through the corners and went well on the straights to. The only problem I had, the same as many other people seem to have had is taking it on track with standard brakes, managed to boil the fluid and overheat them on the third lap and had continuous fade throughout the session. Tyres were pretty poor to as they are not the standard Bridgestones I believe these come with?

1095090_10151490358846784_807127152_n.jpg

I have already ordered some Yellowstuff pads and will be putting new RBF500 fluid in. I also treated myself to two K&N panel filters :D and will be going with some Mitchelin Pilot Super Sport tyres next week so as to keep road noise down while increasing grip on track.I should be doing Cadwell at the end of the month with any luck and the Brands GP early in September so am hoping to have alot more fun when the few niggles I had have been sorted.

Not really to sure on plans for the future, would maybe like to get a nice titanium exhaust system to get a even nice tone from the V6, and to save weight as the Z roadster is quite a fatty:

image_zps9b2a612e.jpg

Then along with upgrading the discs to slotted and drilled ones to help with brake cooling further more, I have no other plans as the car seems pretty solid for now. I do like the replacement Z emblems over the standard Nissan ones but things like that don't really count :lol:

Sorry for the long first post, and Hi everyone! :wave:

:welcome: to the club.

Good to see you using it properly.

I can't comment on yellowstuff pads as I've not used them. I use Ferrodo DS2500 Pads which I would recommend and also DBA T3 Discs, RBF600 fluid and HEL braided brake lines. I am yet to experience any fade, overheating or spongy peddle on track with that set up.

Thanks for the welcomes :teeth:

I have used Yellowstuff in the past, and with the new pad design they have really impressed me for the price. I was going to go for ds2500 but am waiting until I put new discs on. I also meant rbf600 - dont even think 500 is still sold is it?