Hello All

Hopefully with a purchase of a 350z (import) tomorrow i will be a part of this online community :)

For my budget i have opted to get the slightly cheaper import model, i've done a few searches and seen the differences however the one that im going to look at tomorrow seems to be the equivalent of a GT Pack UK model.

Im really excited about the prospect of owning one. i did have a look at a uk spec one last week but it was a bad example and left me thinking is the car i really want. however this morning ive seemed to of found a gem of an import.

Im moving on from a TT running more or less exactly the same bhp, so it should be a seamless transition however im sure the power delivers will differ immensely.

I have owned mainly jap or german cars ranging from dc5's, pulsar GTIR's to mk5 Gtis' and couple of bmw's.

Im 26 from Herts and would like to say Hello!

Hello and :welcome:

Which TT are you coming from? I came from a Mk1 225 and have never looked back. Although the Audi may have similar power, I'm guessing it'll be the Quattro, so just remember the Zed is RWD before booting it exiting an island :teeth:

Hello and :welcome:

Which TT are you coming from? I came from a Mk1 225 and have never looked back. Although the Audi may have similar power, I'm guessing it'll be the Quattro, so just remember the Zed is RWD before booting it exiting an island :teeth:

I had a mk1 TT 225 running around 285bhp at stage 2. i love my jap cars tbh, i cant wait to be back in one and finally a Z car!

The understeer in the TT made it quite boring around bends even with suspension mods :(

A4CAE9DB-CC95-475B-AD53-045868FCD63F-11749-000004AA5236244E_zpsbfc52432.jpg

• Like 1

Nice car, love the backdrop. I did a Quattro Sport stylee rear seat delete in mine - that's how I knew I didn't need seats in the back! :lol:

Cheers, how do you rate the two cars? i'm due to see a 350 tonight! hopefully the one i will be buying.

These are my own thoughts, and may not necessarily be agreed with by anyone else - but as I said, they're mine :p

I love my Zed. It's the car I wanted my TT to be. I learnt a lot about car ownership and maintenance following the purchase of my TT - for all the wrong reasons. However, it's how I discovered forums like this one. It was almost a weekly occurence entering a search into Google to find out "What does error code P##### mean" or "How do I change/fix this/that". 99% of the time it would return a result on the TTF, so I signed up.

After almost 18 months of ownership of my Zed (which in itself is a long time for me to own a car), the only searching I've had to do to replace anything is for a modification and not following a failure.

I see about 5 or 6 TT's everyday (and that's just the Mk1), whereas I hardly ever see a Zed, maybe one a month (not including meets). I like the exclusivity. I know this doesn't give a great review on the cars from a driving experience/driveability point of view, but I'm proud to own my Zed. I still have to glance back at it whenever leaving it parked anywhere. The TT is a good car (I just had a bit of a lemon I think), but the Zed is a GREAT car.

And this forum community aint a bad bunch either :p

• Like 1

These are my own thoughts, and may not necessarily be agreed with by anyone else - but as I said, they're mine :p

I love my Zed. It's the car I wanted my TT to be. I learnt a lot about car ownership and maintenance following the purchase of my TT - for all the wrong reasons. However, it's how I discovered forums like this one. It was almost a weekly occurence entering a search into Google to find out "What does error code P##### mean" or "How do I change/fix this/that". 99% of the time it would return a result on the TTF, so I signed up.

After almost 18 months of ownership of my Zed (which in itself is a long time for me to own a car), the only searching I've had to do to replace anything is for a modification and not following a failure.

I see about 5 or 6 TT's everyday (and that's just the Mk1), whereas I hardly ever see a Zed, maybe one a month (not including meets). I like the exclusivity. I know this doesn't give a great review on the cars from a driving experience/driveability point of view, but I'm proud to own my Zed. I still have to glance back at it whenever leaving it parked anywhere. The TT is a good car (I just had a bit of a lemon I think), but the Zed is a GREAT car.

And this forum community aint a bad bunch either :p

I know what you mean, you hear horror stories everyday on TTF and i just thank god it was never my car. im glad to know that the 350z's are more reliable.

Alot of the cars i have previously owned have been JDM imports so i know what you mean about having a car that feels exclusive.

And a car mainly owned by enthuasiasts. i just hope i find the right one and soon as im in need of a car now that my TT has sold lol

Don't rush into one just because it's the first car you see. There are a lot of good cars out there, but undoubtably a few not so good.

If you find one and would like a second opinion, post the link on here and let us all see (but if it's an absolute bargain, maybe put a securing deposit down first) :lol:

Good luck with your search. Hopefully the one you see tonight is a good 'un.

Don't rush into one just because it's the first car you see. There are a lot of good cars out there, but undoubtably a few not so good.

If you find one and would like a second opinion, post the link on here and let us all see (but if it's an absolute bargain, maybe put a securing deposit down first) :lol:

i had a look at one last week, on the description it promised so much but in reality it was a let down. It was completely unkept. He didnt even bother to wash or hoover the car. massive crack in the windshield, no paperwork. was a wasted journey!

Im abit more optimistic about the one tonight. would of preferred to of bought a UK model but due to funds its very hard to find one with reasonable miles and options.

The import im looking at has all the key parts from the GT Pack (bose, leather, heated seats etc..) is there any other real reason they seem to be frowned upon.

Seen alot of adverts with UK MODEL! as if the import is completely inferior

There are pro's and con's to a JDM car. I'm not even gonna dip my toe in that arguement, but there are plenty of threads on the subject. You're probably aware of some of the 'common' issues from your previous JDM cars (such as some insurers don't like 'em), but one ethat seems to trip a few owners up is the road tax.

It's common knowledge that post (March I think) 2006 Zeds fall into the higher tax group, but if your (for example) 2003 JDM car was imported and registewred in the UK after this date, it will also fall into the higher tax group, even though it's a 2003 car.

There's a JDM thread/section somewhere round here....

EDIT: Found it. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/37-jdm-imports/

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1