Sky TV rant

Caz

Have been trying to cancel my Sky TV but have spent ages on hold due to them 'experiencing high call volumes' so done by email.. apparently they cant cancel until I ring them to answer some security questions.. I cant get through on the phone which is why I emailed them!! RANT RANT RANT :angry:

And breathe... thanks

You could cancel by email and tell them you are unable to get through on the phone so are requesting a call back.

Tell them in the email if they do not call you back you will take it that they have accepted your cancellation and stop paying them.

Sit back and wait...........easy life mate is what yer need...........feel the empowerment....lol

They have called me and left a message to say I need to call them.. they ring around 10am when I'm at work.. I emailed them to say I want them to go ahead with cancellation on the strength of my email or to call me after 5pm as I have tried and tried to get through.. they called again at 9.40 and left a message to say I need to call them :wacko:

I just cancelled due to moving and they were ok, no hassle. I know it doesn't help you but stick with it, if they give you any hard sell just say your moving and aren't having it at the new place, they just cancelled it no question. Good luck!

Sometimes if you dont press any option buttons, their system will think you have an old phone and you may be put straight through to a call centre monkey. I believe that most companies still have to cater for non-touchtone handsets

I phoned recently and told them I wanted to leave, they halved the phone contract and gave me broadband for nothing, so £7.25 a month for phone and limited "back up" broadband (we now have BT fibre) is fair enough.

I wish I could cancel sky! we can't get virgin as they have no budget left for new cables in our area and can't get the half ars*d BT option either but can't remember their reasons. Cancelled the sports and movies at the end of the footie season to save £45 a month though.

I wish I could cancel sky! we can't get virgin as they have no budget left for new cables in our area and can't get the half ars*d BT option either but can't remember their reasons. Cancelled the sports and movies at the end of the footie season to save £45 a month though.

I just switched from virgin to sky, but kept my BB with virgin.

I got sky entertainment extra + with sports and movie's all in hd and access to all the on demand and boxsets etc and multiroom upstairs for £37 per month. I could have got the BB for free but it crap in my area. Ive got home phone and 60 MB BB with virgin for £20 per month.

Only good thing with sky is that all the equipment belongs to me after 12 months where virgin are coming to pick up there 3 tivo boxes next week.

Virgin couldnt touch the sky offer as they cant reduce sky sports and movies like sky can. Also virgins on demand movies is crap compared to virgins, just watched skyfall tonight free!

Sounds like you got a good deal! Sky seem to be all about deals for new customers but not that interested in current customers until you say your leaving, then its a game of cat and mouse to see if they will give you a decent deal or they'll call your bluff and just say no problem goodbye. The past few years we've managed to get the skysports and movies for half price for 12month by phoning and saying we want to cancel them but this year they offered nothing and just cancelled it. Hardly watch the movies anyway so wouldn't mind just payin the box office price for the occasional good ones, but I liked sky sports for the occasional spl game they had on, champs league and the F1. So will probably end up taking the sports out again when the champs league starts but grudge paying £20 odd a month to watch about two matches per month.

I pay £85 a month for Sky and I still think that's good value.

Absolute rip-off IMO, especially as football and film repeats have no interest for me or the +1. Anyways, I have better things to do to sit down in front of the box to justify that outlay.

Send them a good old fashioned letter by recorded delivery :thumbs:

Then cancel the dirct debit. Make sure you inform them by letter though. You don't want to have your credit rating affected by 'non payment' :)

It will be interesting as BT are going for Sky's throat big time with their sports channel. In the past Setanta/EPSN has been really poor for the actual pre/post match stuff but BT have gone all out and of course doing it for free for BB customers. I only went with Sky for TV for the footy really and Sky+ so if BT turns out to be decent I will be cancelling Sky & giving BT Vision a go...

Tried again tonight and got through straight away!! Have down graded to the cheapest package now at £11.25.. they did offer to reduce my current package to £16 from £27 but think I'll give the cheap one a go before I actually cancel