Roadster or Coupe

maxi-glasgow

Quick question, every roadster I look at never have steering wheel control on the left hand side, can't remember now, is that the bluetooth handfree controls? Can you not get BT on a roadster?

No BT/handsfree/phone stuff on the roadster, think they decided you wouldn't hear it with the roof down or something.

I own a Roadster and you can double the boot space by lifting the carpet and removing the spare tyre. Never had any problems fitting suitcases into the boot since. You can buy tyre sealant if you get a flat or get the AA to tow you home.

I seen a coupe which was previously a Cat D write off, he claims it was due to vandalism it was wrote off for previous owner, but it's a 56 plate 300 model with nice wheels and looks perfect and currently only at £5k.

Would anyone recommend buying such a thing or steer clear of Cat write offs altogether?

Also just seen one on here for sale and this bit interested in me, didn't realise these mods allowed 200mph?

Engine:

Intake = JWT Pop charger

Plenum Spacer = Custom made from 350z forum

Remap = Horsham Developments (remapped to 280bhp, delay in WOT removed, top speed moved to 200mph and averaged 2mpg more from correct air/fuel mapping)

Exhaust:

Catalytic Converter = Kinetix high flow cat

Exhaust = Toyo Sports

Look at my sig and my avatar and you'll see I'm slightly biased . . . . . But I'd never go back to a tin lid on the car again

There are more days than you realise when you can enjoy the fresh air going topless, and you get much more from your driving with the wind in your hair (or over the top of your bald patch in my case) Even when it's only 3 or 4 Centigrade but it's sunny - it's just so nice to go for a run in the sunshine (The roof doesn't like negative temperatures and won't open properly, so don't try it below zero)

You can hear your exhaust so much better in the tunnels when the roof is missing (Note - requires stainless exhaust mod for this to work - even better with Berks too)

You can fit a set of golf clubs in a roadster - there's even a little schematic in the boot to show you how to fit them in

In cold weather etc there's no worries as the roof fits well and the heater works well - never felt anything other than snug even in really freezing weather

There is one downside - she's definitely more noisy than coupes (even with the roof up you get noise off the 'ears' where the roof fits)

When you're doing . . .ummmmm . . .around the legal maximum speed . . . ummm . . .with the roof off - you can't hear the stereo unless you have it REALLY WOUND UP LOUD

But overall - go topless, and you'll never look back

I seen a coupe which was previously a Cat D write off, he claims it was due to vandalism it was wrote off for previous owner, but it's a 56 plate 300 model with nice wheels and looks perfect and currently only at £5k.

Would anyone recommend buying such a thing or steer clear of Cat write offs altogether?

my brother in law is in the trade and he told me to avoid the like the plague. Very hard to sell and most garages won't px

I'm sure he wont mind me saying this but you should get in touch with martinmac, a little bird told me his roadster may be on the market soon as he maybe upgrading..... *cough* *gtr* *cough*

And his roadster is the sweetest one I have seen :teeth: check out the pics from the lakez meet last weekend there are a few in there.

I'm sure he wont mind me saying this but you should get in touch with martinmac, a little bird told me his roadster may be on the market soon as he maybe upgrading..... *cough* *gtr* *cough*

And his roadster is the sweetest one I have seen :teeth: check out the pics from the lakez meet last weekend there are a few in there.

Doubt he will be selling within my budget of £7k though....

Roadster? Why would you want something that weighs more and requires significant upgrading on the bracing and suspension to let it handle the way a coupe does? Or are you just wanting to pose in yer old age? :p

Alex's roadster could go not too bad ;)

Quick question, every roadster I look at never have steering wheel control on the left hand side, can't remember now, is that the bluetooth handfree controls? Can you not get BT on a roadster?

Roadster handles just as good as the coupe & there is very little between them on performance, so the extra weight isnt really a factor in deciding.

Mine had controls both sides of the steering wheel. Cruise one side, and remote radio controls the other.

However, BT wasnt an option on a roadster.

:scare:

Coupe looks better compared to the roadster when the roof is up, I really dont think that is in doubt despite the usual 'its a matter of taste' argument.

Coupe handles better I think we have clearly established.

I had a coupe and went over to see 350z Will and he took me out in his roadster and I have to say was slightly jealous, I even went home that evening and checked out prices! It is brilliant driving with the roof down, a totally different experience. Which I think therein lies your answer - what experience do you want? Handling and Looks vs the Convertible experience?

• Like 1

100% percent agree that with roof up a Coupe is a million times nicer, but that opinion then flips when you take the roof down as roadster then looks by far the nicest.

Her indoors is completely against a roadster so that will probably be my deciding factor in definitely getting a roadster after all :D

Ive got two cars on my shortlist right now, emailed both owners with a couple of questions and to see if they can move on their price, one is a Kuro coupe with low miles and paintwork in the photo's is better than any Kuro I have ever seen and the other is a silver Roadster with average miles and if I could get them to come down 3-400 pounds I would buy it tomorrow...

Coupe handles better I think we have clearly established.

I think I missed the bit where we clearly established the Coupe handles better. :shrug:

Her indoors is completely against a roadster so that will probably be my deciding factor in definitely getting a roadster after all :D

Get a member local to you to drive the Mrs around with the roof down on a sunny day, I bet she changes her mind. ;) I'd offer but I'm guessing you're in Glasgow and I'm way down South.

OK, maybe we didnt establish here it handles better, but by default droptops have more flex in the chassis and like for like will not handle as good - unless you buy a 458 spider or something immensely engineered.

Coupe does handle better. Less weight, stiffer chassis, why would it not?

Cars are about more than just that though. They're about how they make you feel, and having that roof down makes up for a hell of a lot..

Edited by Ekona