370z long timers? Is life still good with your shark?

stanski

Hi

I was just curious as 370's have been around for a while now, all those who swopped from a 350, did you still love it?

Have there been any common issues with them?

Seeing how prices have fallen for second hand ones, they are starting to creep into my price bracket a little?

Maybe in a year or 2 I would be tempted back into Zed motoring?

Are petrol tyre costs on a par with 350's?

Many thanks

Stan

Hi thanks for the kind words and welcome everyone. I never left just been trying to sell the house, been a nightmare! Almost there so maybe in a years time I could think about a 370? Who knows..

Andy only just seen your pm! Sorry.

A Gtr would be fab btw Alex but I think about servicing cost and start to cry. Mind you I would love a Maserati Gran Tourismo , they arw cheaper than Gtr's now on autotrader but again servicing even via an independent would be silly money?

Lets see how the house move goes (fingers crossed) has taken nearly 12 months to sell!

But if we get the new house , double garage, big drive space for Datsuns...

Hi Stan - good to see you back on here again - been missing your cakes at the meets!!!

Yep, the 370 is a keeper for me now and like you, just in the throws of a house move so busy times.

Although I had gearbox change just at the end of the 3 year warranty, that was more for my peace of mind as there was a bit of a whine that the HPC dealer agreed might be something developing and Nissan UK agreed the change. But otherwise it has been 20k miles of pure pleasure with well over half that being on forum drives/meets etc and as you know my right foot a leaden tendency.....

Costs are virtually the same, of course the tax is in the mega band.

The 370 coupes are one band lower than the 350 313's.......for what that is worth.

Be great to see you back behind the wheel of a ZED again.

Hey Colin good to hear from you. House move? Finally going to the coast as you wanted?

Colin although you are a fast expert driver you never labour or thrash a car so doubt the whine was down to your driving style? I guess your brakes last forever as I never see your break lights!

There will always be cakes available for everyone when we finally get to a meet, even if its in my Datsun 100a!

Like you I appreciate the zeds and so the 370 is the natural choice? I quite fancy a white one for a change? Or black Rose? Wish they did Interlagos fire!!

Hopefully we can get to a meet sometime this year- all waiting on the building society now...

I have gone off g37's just dont have enough of a look for me, although its the obvious compromise?

I need to fin out when your next Northern meets are, might sneak in when you are not looking hehe

Hey Chris good to hear from you. Hope everything ok?

Blimey you still got your 370, remember when you got it!

You still working in Ewloe ?

Sounds odd , but if so PM me, cos after a 'few' years chatting online I should buy you lunch.

Old farts can do that. :lol: (retired so might be able to find a little time for you :p )

Hey Chris good to hear from you. Hope everything ok?

Blimey you still got your 370, remember when you got it!

You still working in Ewloe ?

Sounds odd , but if so PM me, cos after a 'few' years chatting online I should buy you lunch.

Old farts can do that. :lol: (retired so might be able to find a little time for you :p )

I am for now but they will be moving the office back to Scouseland probably next year ! Better get my farm shop orders in before its too late!

Thanks that is very kind of you.

Retired? Naaa thats is just a frame of mind - you dont have time you are busy with a toothbrush cleaning the tread on the zed! :lol:

I've loved the 370, handling is far superior to the 350, petrol costs seem to be better as well.

I've done 30k in mines and I only got it a year past March, but it's going today as I needed to get a wood burner for work due to long commute.

Bought myself an 06 plate Saab 93 estate 1.9TiD which is averaging 50 miles to a gallon so doing what it should.

Will be buying a 350 within £7k price bracket mainly for weekend use and got a shock when I phoned insurance company yesterday, was adding my Saab to the insurance and told them the 370 would be going but I will replace it with 350 and he done a comparison quote based on a 55 plate Roadster and my insurance will go from £450 for the 370 to £650 for the 350.....where is the bloody logic in that??

Did you sell your 370 privately mate? I am in the same predicament at the mo. just hanged my job slightly so doing more miles. So considering getting a weekend toy and then a sensible car instead of the 370z.

I've loved the 370, handling is far superior to the 350, petrol costs seem to be better as well.

I've done 30k in mines and I only got it a year past March, but it's going today as I needed to get a wood burner for work due to long commute.

Bought myself an 06 plate Saab 93 estate 1.9TiD which is averaging 50 miles to a gallon so doing what it should.

Will be buying a 350 within £7k price bracket mainly for weekend use and got a shock when I phoned insurance company yesterday, was adding my Saab to the insurance and told them the 370 would be going but I will replace it with 350 and he done a comparison quote based on a 55 plate Roadster and my insurance will go from £450 for the 370 to £650 for the 350.....where is the bloody logic in that??