RHD American Cars

14N

Hi All,

My friend (no, it's not me as in 'my friend has this rash' type story), anyway... My friend really wants an American car or truck. A modern day one (couple of years old type thing) like a Dodge or Camaro or Mustang (you get the idea), but specifically doesn't want a LHD for a number of reasons.

Does anyone know of, or can recommend anyone in the UK (he's prepared to travel) that either sells RHD Yank cars/trucks, or does the conversions that turns them into RHD?

Any words of wisdom or advice (apart from "forget it, get a Zed" - I've tried that) would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Ian (and my mate) :thumbs:

Worth sending Jay a pm. He's on his honeymoon at the mo so might not reply quickly but he has friends who own a US car dealership in Glasgow so he could put you in the right direction

I know a guy with a GT500 Mustang, Dodge Charger and Chevy Camaro, all pretty much brand new and had to be imported in LHR because they aren't made on RHD.

If they were available or easy to change we'd all be driving them :p

Camaro . . now available in RHD

http://www.autominde...hand-drive/news

Read the very first paragraph ;)

Try Aussie imports. They drive on the same side of the road as us, and sometimes get US cars cars converted. Other than that, there's no-one I can recommend per se but there are still a few companies out there that do it. If these people can't source a vehicle, probably no-one can. They're based in my hometown, and is where my Dad got his Hummer from. They know their Yankee motahs.

There's a place in redhill that might if your near south me and my mate drove past it when lost,has camaros big trucks mustangs dodges and an old school wooden station wagon and plenty more may have a rhd in there somewhere?

Edited by jumping350