What do you think of this 350Z??

nowhereboy

Hey! First post guys.

Just spent about 15 minutes writing a detailed thread about my situation and how I'm torn between an s2000 or a 350Z then pressed the "cancel" button by mistake, stupid place to put that!!!!

Anyway, to cut a long story short because I can't be arsed to type that again, what do you guys think of this 350z?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306117229147/sort/default/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/2/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/postcode/ne126gd?logcode=p

Looks well priced to me?

My dad was not "nowhereman" haha. I took the name from the film about john lennon.... Anyway, back on track.

It's not a GT but as far as I can see their are not many differences anyway? Well, other than the wheels which I'd be changing asap regardless.

The guy I spoke to today said they would get it repaired before the sale, no problems.

My main gripe is I'm worried it's going to feel a bit flat compared to the s2000 but for the difference in price and insurance I think it might be worth while. I think the Z looks nicer too.

Will a straight thru exhaust, induction and a map spring a bit more life and throttle response to this car?

If anyone is near newcastle and fancies taking me for a spin in one I'd be over the moon :)

My dad was not "nowhereman" haha. I took the name from the film about john lennon.... Anyway, back on track.

It's not a GT but as far as I can see their are not many differences anyway? Well, other than the wheels which I'd be changing asap regardless.

The guy I spoke to today said they would get it repaired before the sale, no problems.

My main gripe is I'm worried it's going to feel a bit flat compared to the s2000 but for the difference in price and insurance I think it might be worth while. I think the Z looks nicer too.

Will a straight thru exhaust, induction and a map spring a bit more life and throttle response to this car?

If anyone is near newcastle and fancies taking me for a spin in one I'd be over the moon :)

ive driven the s2000 and to be honest I much prefer the grunt of the zed.yeah the breathing/exhaust mods and uprev remap should give you around 300hp and a lot better response.itl make it like a different car!

ive driven the s2000 and to be honest I much prefer the grunt of the zed.yeah the breathing/exhaust mods and uprev remap should give you around 300hp and a lot better response.itl make it like a different car!

Wow, 300bhp! Not bad gains considering everyone says these cars are not great for tuning.

With regards to the GT thing.... I'd be looking to remove the seats for some decent buckets anyway... do the breathing mods, new wheels and enjoy. I could do most of this on the budget I have anyway, if I buy an s2000 I will have little left over after the hefty insurance premium. Must be honest I did fall in love with the s2000 on a test drive but I couldn't help but feel like it was a bit to impractical and expensive. The Z is certainly not a bad compromise.

Wow, 300bhp! Not bad gains considering everyone says these cars are not great for tuning.

With regards to the GT thing.... I'd be looking to remove the seats for some decent buckets anyway... do the breathing mods, new wheels and enjoy. I could do most of this on the budget I have anyway, if I buy an s2000 I will have little left over after the hefty insurance premium. Must be honest I did fall in love with the s2000 on a test drive but I couldn't help but feel like it was a bit to impractical and expensive. The Z is certainly not a bad compromise.

I found the s2000 cabin to be really tight with not much room and im about 5ft10 so not the biggest person but it felt like there was no room to move. the handling was superb and I love the high reving engine but I missed the torque that you get with the v6. and also my mate in his s2000 couldn't get away from me on the bendy roads so id say the zed was a better all rounder that can show more nimbler cars that it can still put up a fight :lol: . also left a Scooby sti on the bends but I think that was down to the driving ;):lol:

Having owned both I found the s2000 was the better car, but that's what suited me. Everyone is different. You'll find most on here will disagree with me. And you'll also have all the people who've never owned an s2000 tell you its crap or a girls car. Drive both and see what suits you best. The zed is good but its heavy 300bhp sounds good but when you drive one it doesn't feel like 300bhp. Horses for courses and all that.

Having owned both I found the s2000 was the better car, but that's what suited me. Everyone is different. You'll find most on here will disagree with me. And you'll also have all the people who've never owned an s2000 tell you its crap or a girls car. Drive both and see what suits you best. The zed is good but its heavy 300bhp sounds good but when you drive one it doesn't feel like 300bhp. Horses for courses and all that.

I'm yet to drive the Z so thats the first thing on my to do list.

The main thing thats grabbing my attention about this 350z at the minute is purely how close it is too me and that it's well priced. I'm currently getting the bus to work and it's a complete nightmare... the thought that I could just roll up to this garage and pick this Z up within the next few days is very appealing. It means not needing time off work to travel halfway across the country to view an s2000, I'd be in a much better position to wait and pick the perfect car if my current daily driver hadn't just died. All this coupled with the fact that the Z is much cheaper is swaying me at the minute.

Guess I'll have to see how I feel once I've drove one. Hopefully it will make the decision much easier.

Zeds not a bad car, has lots of good aspects I just lost the thrill of driving it very quickly. The s2k was more rewarding to drive. But the zed was a better cruiser when I had a passenger. S2k did better mpg but not massive. Zed was better on insurance. Swings and roundabouts.

I was in the same boat as you,

a s2k is what i wanted originally and so i test drove one, I was luvin it BUT

i then saw a 350z for a similar price and thought that's a lot more of a car, so thought id just test drive one to see if i like it

and yessss!! :)

i've now owned my 350z a month and luv it.. feels much more of a beast with a roaring V6!

Zed was better on insurance. Swings and roundabouts.

Be careful when exiting wet roundabouts though as the Zed is RWD and easy to spin.

I've no idea how you got it on swings tho RT.

• Like 2

Looks alright to me assuming they stick to their word on the body work. Has it had a clutch change? If not it might need one hence the low price.

GT model differences I believe are forged rays alloys, leather seats, bose sound system, cruise control and heated seats so if you can live without these or you plan to replace the wheels and seats anyway, cant see a reason not to get it.

I love S2k's, thought about getting one also but I was lucky enough to go to a show room with both a 350z and an S2k next to each other. I looked briefly at the S2k but they pretty much had to prise me off the 350z.

Your choice buddy but id go zed based on your previous posts and my personal opinion

Edited by longsh07

Seems like a good price tbh.

Yes it's not GT but if your swapping out the seats anyway all your missing is cruise and Bose.

S2k is a totally different car, z is more of a GT where as the S would be more a hoon round the track.

Seems like a good price tbh.

Yes it's not GT but if your swapping out the seats anyway all your missing is cruise and Bose.

S2k is a totally different car, z is more of a GT where as the S would be more a hoon round the track.

Yea man, I'm not bothered about the stereo or cruise control to be honest. I actually quite like the wheels that come stock too, just seen one done with em refurbed in black and they looked sick! (in a good way).

I'm going to get up early tommorow and check it out before work, I really need a test drive so I can see if it's for me or not. I don't expect it to be as fun as the s2000 for spirited driving but as long as it's good for a little blast when the conditions are right I'd be quite happy.

So tommorow I'm checking the Clutch and the service history to see if its had the big one at 55k.... anything else other than the usual?

Quick update guys.... I went to check the car over quickly before work today. Man these cars look nice in the flesh. The paint has seen better days tho, lots of stone chips on the bonnet and scratches and paint touch ups here and their.

7880_10151526544193107_1684718100_n.jpg7896_10151526543458107_1596450745_n.jpg

How much should I be looking to knock off the price if they won't sort it for me? The wheels need furbed too.

Mechanically everything felt sound when I took it for a quick spin. My dad seems to think the cam belt will be due a replacement if it hasn't already been done... is this right or are these chain driven?

Quick update guys.... I went to check the car over quickly before work today. Man these cars look nice in the flesh. The paint has seen better days tho, lots of stone chips on the bonnet and scratches and paint touch ups here and their.

7880_10151526544193107_1684718100_n.jpg7896_10151526543458107_1596450745_n.jpg

How much should I be looking to knock off the price if they won't sort it for me? The wheels need furbed too.

Mechanically everything felt sound when I took it for a quick spin. My dad seems to think the cam belt will be due a replacement if it hasn't already been done... is this right or are these chain driven?

bumper respray ... budget £300

Wheel refurb ... budget £300

No cam belt ... chain driven