Top Gear back 30th June

spursmaddave

Of course the XKR you're driving is British Rich, I never meant to imply otherwise.

It was fairly obvious from all the rust on it it was made over here. ;)

But its BRITISH rust :lol:

Tis true, its the finest rust in the world, only possible from the ineptness of a brummie painter

the zed has an engine shared with Renault, doesn't make the zed French.

:scare: Wash your mouth out with snails and say "cheese eating surrender monkey" three times while spinning round before jumping over a brush!! :p

Out of interest, what vehicle does Renault use the Zed engine in? :surrender:

What a fantastic episode, hopefully that will shut the haters up for a while. Mark Webber is a legend, runs Jenson very close in the "sportsman Id want to go drinking with" stakes :D

Anyone watch the thing on BBC2 after though, about the decline of the British car manufacturing industry and the development of Germany? Worst scheduling evarrr, Clarkson was dong his pieces on Twitter last night about it and quite right too - half the problem with this country is that we dont recognise our achievements and are far too quick to slag off the failures, TG redressed that last night and then had the good work immediately undone by some smug ****er who clearly knew **** all about cars.

:scare: Wash your mouth out with snails and say "cheese eating surrender monkey" three times while spinning round before jumping over a brush!! :p

Ahhh, the old "French engine" insult. The VQ series is a 100% Nissan designed unit BUT the VQ35DE was used in the Renault Vel Satis before the 350Z, hence us all having a "French engine" apparently. IIRC they used the VQ35 in the Espace as well and some smaller version in smaller cars too but its mostly used in Nissans and Infinitis :)

Edited by docwra

Wasn't an insult, didn't say it has a French engine I said it had an engine shared with Renault, and I also said it didn't make it French, I was highlighting the loose and tedious links people like to try and highlight when they have a crap argument.

What a fantastic episode, hopefully that will shut the haters up for a while. Mark Webber is a legend, runs Jenson very close in the "sportsman Id want to go drinking with" stakes :D

You're kidding, it was bloody awful. Granted, I did enjoy the piece on the Brits at the end (who wouldn't?), but the bus thing was a complete was of time and effort and is a prime example of why I stopped watching TG. RRS review was acceptable, although the track piece was pointless as anyone who's driven Donington will know that the editing was a little more than creative. The Jag review again stunk of "Well, we couldn't actually get Jag to loan us a V8 like every other magazine, so we'll just pretend that the V6 S is the best anyway". I'm sure the V8 is a bit unnecessary and over the top, but I would still have like to have seen them drive it.

But yeah, Mark is a man's man. I love how he no longer gives a remote flying f*ck and will say anything about Seb as he won't be there next year. Proper geezer, I'd let him shag my missus any day.

Wasn't an insult, didn't say it has a French engine I said it had an engine shared with Renault, and I also said it didn't make it French, I was highlighting the loose and tedious links people like to try and highlight when they have a crap argument.

So in the whole time you owned a Z33 you didnt have on person try to tell it was French? Really? I get it about once a month :surrender:

Ahhh, the old "French engine" insult. The VQ series is a 100% Nissan designed unit BUT the VQ35DE was used in the Renault Vel Satis before the 350Z, hence us all having a "French engine" apparently. IIRC they used the VQ35 in the Espace as well and some smaller version in smaller cars too but its mostly used in Nissans and Infinitis :)

i think it was used in the nissan elgrand in 2000 before Renault used it in 2002

Edited by StevoD

New RRS is quite nice, but Ill pick one up 6-12 months from now for a knock down :lol:

Same with F-Type. Pricing is daft, and depreciation will be harsher than a bag full of little harsh things.

Very true although the F-Type might hold its calue a little longer due to demand.... also there are some stonking deals on brand new XKRs & XKRS's so be had because of the launch of the F-Type...