Before i'm 40!

stuarty

I know its hard to believe but i will be 40 next year!

Anyway, ive decided i'm going to buy myself a car that i can keep forever and spend time messing with, when my grand kids etc come along.

It has to be a sports car, relatively fast, probably 2 seats and must have been stopped production. Also has to be a future classic. My budget is £15k but could go a bit more if i can use it everyday for next few years before it retires to be a garage queen.

Here's my list so far!

350Z 313 GT, gunmetal grey, with factory nismo kit and rays and black interior.

Z4 M coupe, gunmetal grey, red or black with black interior.

Z4 M roaster, gunmetal grey, red or black with red interior.

911, aero kit, gunmetal grey, red or black, black interior.

Boxter s, gunmetal grey, red, black, black interior.

Edited by stuarty

Z3 M Coupe (AKA Bread Van) - They are already getting on the expensive side, you like Beemers and defo a future classic... if not already.

A guy near me has a red one and I lust after it. In a few years, they will be crazy money. There are less than 400 on the road currently. Z4 M Coupe will likely be another one as there are hardly any of them around either.

996 3.4 or 4S. Either of those, kept as standard as possible so no aero kit, can only go one way.

Pray tell .... why ?

General consensus from the experts after keeping my eye on the market for a couple of years. 3.4 with the fried egg lights is looking better as a design as time goes on, but the 4S gains the Turbo look with solid 4wd for cheaps.

996 3.4 or 4S. Either of those, kept as standard as possible so no aero kit, can only go one way.

Pray tell .... why ?

General consensus from the experts after keeping my eye on the market for a couple of years. 3.4 with the fried egg lights is looking better as a design as time goes on, but the 4S gains the Turbo look with solid 4wd for cheaps.

I don't think its looks better. Porsche owners are all about originality when buying older cars. 996's look much better with an amberectmy but most refuse to do it.

Only the 911 will likely see classic status, the others might make cult cars. The Z3m is a good choice. The x100 xk's from jag are starting to go up in value as well. And as the rot so well it will speed up the increase as more get scrapped over the next 5 years. No longer in production. And first car was built 1996 so the model is already 17 years old. And I reckon in the next 2 years they'll cease production of the x150 as the f type will replace it.

what about an S2000? I always thought of buying one of these mainly cos I personally think its underrated lol 2 seats, convertible (or fastback with spoon roof) with an amuse kit your lookin at 10k theres a white one on pistonheads just now :) hint hint!!