Bragging on Car forums

JetSet

While i think he got what he deserved i find it strange that this sentence for a motoring offence can be longer than people are getting for serious crimes.

Im not saying he should of got less just the other sentences are too soft these days how can we take a hard stance on this and soft stances on so many other things

Edited by rodgeevans

the 8 months were to make an example of him to show others that being a d1ck and then lying about it to the police gets you in trouble more than just owning up to being a d1ck

Exactly - the courts rightly come down heavily on anyone who tries to "pervert the course of justice."

the 8 months were to make an example of him to show others that being a d1ck and then lying about it to the police gets you in trouble more than just owning up to being a d1ck

Exactly - the courts rightly come down heavily on anyone who tries to "pervert the course of justice."

A similar sentence to Chris Huhne, so sounds about right.

Pete

I never said he should of get a lesser charge i fully agree with it, as the saying goes if you cant do the time don't do the crime.

However what i was raising was how out of touch this sentence is with other crimes that i would deem far more serious crimes than telling a lie.

example on the BBC news pages

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22335575

this just proves what a joke and a mess our justice system is in

a vehicle to all intense and purposes is a weapon, and if used incorrectly/dangerously they can kill the user/other people

problem with motoring offenses is they are pretty cut and dry, easy to prove, easy to follow through with.

ypur reference to sex crimes cautions is an interestinng article but its difficult when there is no context to the cases. yes they are apparent sex crimes, but with something like that there are 2 sides to a story, if everyone who was accused of a sex crime recieved a punishment you'll find alot of falsely accused people wrongly punished. rape is not always easy to prove.

the 8 months was not for speeding it was for PTCOJ if he'd admitted to the speeding he'd have got away with a fine and some points, at most a ban for 6-12 months.

if someone on a rape case PTCOJ then they would recieve a similiar jail sentence.

I think you misunderstand me i'm not questioning his sentence and I realise the sentence is for PTCOJ and not speeding and i have no problem with the 8 months he has been sentenced to, however Some of those cautions in the article above were for people who pleaded guilty to Rape so they have fully admitted it yet get cautioned not charged, that is what i think is wrong, i expected rapists to be more serverly punished than liars

Edited by rodgeevans
  • Like 1

I work within our justice system and while no system is perfect we have by far one of the most highly regarded systems in the World. It is a heck of a lot better than most (which is why a great many disputes between companies in other countries are litigated in London rather than their own countries). If you want to see what a "messed up" system looks like, look to any number of countries elsewhere in the World where judges are paid off and subject to political influence, people are detained indefinitely without charge, confessions are obtained through torture etc etc.

Edited by sipar69