Nissan 350z Car Insurance Expensive..

Pete1212

Hi all,

Im new to the forum but read it regularly as I love Nissan the 350z and the 370!

Im finally in a position to buy a 350z but have checked insurance online and found that it is quite expensive and was just wondering why. I have seen a lot of posts on here with very cheap quotes compared to min (cheapest I have got was £1,100 - and that was subject to having a safe box installed in the car)!

I am 26 years old, held a full uk driving license for 7 years and have 5 years No Claims. No convictions etc. The area I live isnt that bad. Its also just on the outskirts of london.

So far I have done all the usual comparisons, bell.co.uk, elephant and quoteline direct (who quoted £2,200!)

Any advice on other insurance companies to try or are these quotes good for my age/driving experience etc

Thanks

pete

you said it yourself - "London"

I live out in the south west corner of wales and mine is £230 - so yep, definately a personal and location thing - best advice I can give you - move house ;)

What is a safe box? Is this the device that records data from each journey, ie the speed, accelerating and braking patterns? :lol:

Disconnect the speed transducer/sensor and go for limited mileage lol :lol:

Edited by Ceejay29

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Yeh I tried GoCompare who were £1,200.

I'll give Sky Insurance a go and hopefully will be cheaper.

31 years old, no previous high powered cars. With all mods declared and 4 years no claims. 3 points for speeding £763. Sky Insurance.

Thats decent!

To be honest as a few people have mentioned on here, if the insurance premium goes down after a year (providing there have been no claims) I dont mind paying a slightly high premium for the first year.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know how I get on!

Admiral where by far and away the cheapest for me this year. Just outside the M25, 27 year, 7 years ncb. I was with Sky previously and found them very good but their renewals process was frustrating and too expensive.

Try adding on a second driver e.g. your mum or some other low risk person - usually brings the premium down.

We'll do our best, we cannot promise to help everyone though.

Admiral where by far and away the cheapest for me this year. Just outside the M25, 27 year, 7 years ncb. I was with Sky previously and found them very good but their renewals process was frustrating and too expensive.

Please feel free to check back at any time. I work closely with our renewals team and we work with around a 70% renewal retention rate which is a very healthy figure. As things stands, it is rare our customers are seeing a renewal price increase unless there is a change of circumstances (eg claim, conviction.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Admiral are quite good. £1060 for 26yr old, previous SP30 speeding ticket, accident in the last 5 yrs, tints declared 19K mileage a year (I dont believe in 'limited'...get it used!). Oh and the old grandparents on as named drivers...but done the proper, legal way! (young ppl pay attention you are the main driver lol)

Checked recently for a laugh to see what it might be next Nov as ill be 7 yrs driving, 3yrs NCB, 27yrs old now and its coming up around £800 which ill will keep tabs on and remind them come renewal if its too high lol Although they've done me well in the past, kept coming down :)

Get to Admiral mate mines 613 for 10 months with less no claims and im 25. Add a couple of long term drivers with no points to the policy. Also Roadsters seemed to come out almost double the cost for me so ensure your looking at coupes only.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know what it is about me.........

Admiral were £1,200 ish. Adrian Flux who ive been with for 7 years quoted over £2000.

Its just annoying. If I have had claims or convictions etc I would understand. Also its not like im 18 and am a moral hazard!

Im giving Sky Insurance a call today to see what they can do

I can second the shout for SKY INSURANCE. They are a broker and are extremely professional (thanks Alex!). I am 43 with 4 years no claims and last year paid £860 with European Breakdown cover. This was compared to silly money with mainstream insurers and not declaring all mods. I live in one of the most expensive geographical areas of London. This year money has been tight, and in a conversation with Alex (did I say she was brilliant?!) she told me about a Low Mileage category that cuts costs. After a bit of discussion, with a limit of 5000 miles per year, I am paying £650 for this year. Remember, all my mods covered like for like, legal insurance and costs too to boot. CALL SKY AND ASK FOR ALEX OR OLLIE!