Pilot super sports

WINKJ

Finally had my front two reo50as replaced so I have a full set of pilot super sports...... They are amazing and would suggest them to anyone. Still shocked at the change the front two have already made to my cars handling and grip!

Just got these on Caroline's new wheels, is it me or are they very quiet?

Pete

What tyre pressures are you running? I find mine very noisy, on par with RE050A's

35 psi which I've double checked. Didn't have RE050's on before though, just some budget tyres Maxxis I think.

Pete

I'm looking at the minute and torn between FK453s at £579 or splash out on MPSS for £787. I'm no race driver and this is a BIG spend for me but the consensus seems to be that the Michelins are the best but most expensive option. Guess I just want to know if this is a normal price for MPSS or if it's way too much (from blackcircles.com and marginally cheaper than the price from some local tyre shops, who I don't really trust).

I'm looking at the minute and torn between FK453s at £579 or splash out on MPSS for £787. I'm no race driver and this is a BIG spend for me but the consensus seems to be that the Michelins are the best but most expensive option. Guess I just want to know if this is a normal price for MPSS or if it's way too much (from blackcircles.com and marginally cheaper than the price from some local tyre shops, who I don't really trust).

for how many tyres? 2/4?

I only need fronts for the MOT but going to do all 4 - that's what the prices above are for. If I'm not getting ripped off then I'm happy enough to stick it on the credit card and pay it off over a few months knowing I have a great tyre at a fair price.

I only need fronts for the MOT but going to do all 4 - that's what the prices above are for. If I'm not getting ripped off then I'm happy enough to stick it on the credit card and pay it off over a few months knowing I have a great tyre at a fair price.

very good price, where did you get them from ? share the knowledge!

From www.blackcircles.com (they have some association with Tescos).

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/45 R18 Y (100), Reinforced £197.71 x2 £395.42

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 225/45 R18 Y (95), Reinforced £196.08 x2 £392.16

Additional Fitting Fee £5.00 1 £5.00

Total cost: £792.58

Plus I selected the MOT for a fiver deal so paid another £5 with the order and after I pass the MOT due next month I can claim back most of the fee from Black Circles.

Edited by zroar

Dammit! The fitters called this morning to confirm they'd received my tyres. Camskill price is a good £85 cheaper! I'm not going to go through the hassle of trying to cancel it now given my price includes fitting and a cheap MOT but wish I'd seen that last week!

Well they are on! Only managed 30 miles so far but there is a corner near me that always manages to activate the slip light. Doing same speeds today in the brand new tyres and nothing. Not a sausage. Car feels far more balanced now the front and rear grip is similar.

I have a feeling im not going to have the ability to get near the limits of these tyres once worn in a bit!