It's a cover up !

helimeddaz

Ok. After a long running battle with Nissan customer care. The inevitable conclusion was they provided exactly the opposite. No customer care whatsoever.

I had a paint finish flaw on the roof and the "E" coat failed causing a small blister. As you would expect this has spread. It appeared after 18 months of ownership from new and with my Z now at the 4 year mark and with no intentions to move on, I need to sort this myself.

A big thank you for excellent customer service to Nissan who in the end argued with me over a £385 warranty claim on a car which cost £32,728. Quality.....

So to the point....

Do I.

A). Have the roof repainted (Tempur Orange, notorious to match). Or

B). Have the roof Di-noc Carbon Wrapped.

I'd like opinions and to hear from members who've done similar things and what were the results like.

Thanks in advance.

go in again ask them to sort it also did you mention you are on the forum and will be telling the z world about the crap after care also can you try a diffrent garage see if you get a better service

I thought you were going to ask for volunteers to kidnap and ransom the customer service people, cos I'm up for that.

As for the roof, I had mine resprayed due to some mysterious bubbley marks, but mine's GM so I guess the paint match is easier. I personally like the "all bits the same colour" approach. Having said that, I saw a really cool carbon wrap the other day too! Good luck!

Been down every root, even wrote to the CEO of Nissan UK. He didn't give a flying [*{|<

They admitted fault initially and the changed their mind siting "caused by external Forces" a meteorite perhaps !

No, it's over. They are not worth any more of my time and no more of my money. Their customer care is appalling. Trust me on this. I could not be more critical of Nissan UK. I've had so much poor Service from them. It's unbelievable that some Dealerships don't even know about their own product. Garbage!

I need to sort this myself my friend. I love my Z hence I'm keeping it or I'd have moved it on because of this incident alone.

Pictures of members cars too would be helpful and the type of Carbon wrap they used.

Depends if you fancy a change then, or very least if you fancy a permanent change in way of a black roof say, or temporary with a wrap.

Suppose cost comes into it too, money to sort said bubble then wrap etc

Yeh. I feel you get what you pay for with painters. I know this colour is the most difficult standard colour to match. The body shop has to know what they're about. £400 just for the roof is about the norm for a proper job.

Book it into a nissan body shop to get painted, then when you go to pick it up and pay the bill, ask for your keys as your wallet was left in the car. Then simple drive off and ignore any future correspondence!

You'll end up having to pay the bill, but it will be fun having the shoe on the other foot for a while!

Edited by stuarty

Did Nissan quote you £400 to fix or a bodyshop? £400 sounds very expensive to me for a blow over on the roof...

I would get it fixed properly rather than covering it up i think.

Agreed! It would probably only be a case of scotching it up, sorting the blemish, bit of primer, sort that & blow a bit of colour as small as possible over the said area & lacquer the lot. That's what we'd do at work.

I just had the 1/4 done on the zed. Little blow of colour on the arch by the rear bumper & lacquer the rest. Job done, colour match fine :thumbs:

Oh & it was £150, barrow job though lol

Apparently the roof is a window out job because of the rubber seal for the window, that's if you want it done well, you could always tape up the seal and spray away, in which case, £400 would be 4x too expensive!

Thanks for all the input. I like the Nissan idea of not paying for a bit.

I had it looked at by a recommended sprayer by my Valleter Dave Naxton at DPN Valletting. He put a colour spectrum analyser on it to get the match. His quote was in the £400 range I'd trust him to do it.

What about getting a skin of your roof made in real carbon?

Then clean up the damaged area and get the carbon skin bonded on the top. Treat it with kleers carbon protect product and boom, gorgeous roof which is the real deal :)