tyre choice

sparkyc

Looking to upgrade my tyres....

currently have mythos tyres on the rear (came on the car) which iv never heard of and don't really rate. really slippy and i dont have any confidence in them at all! used run falkens or kuhmos on previous cars which i was always happy with.

any other good suggestions?? dont wanna break the bank but also don't want to break the car by spinning out with rubbish tyres!!

Cheers

Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Cheaper than you think and worth every penny! PM Sly @ Kaiser.

+1. MPSSs offer awesome performance, and also look sexay B)

Event Tyres are also pretty good on prices and have always done a great job of fitting whenever I have used them.

nice one, they're looking around 180 for a rear, same as others i was looking at like the hankook ventus v12 evos or good year f1s. would like p zeros but think theyre gonna be to expensive

Just about to replace my second set of p zeros on the front in two years (not getting another set), not bad grip wise, but only just get about 5k miles out of them so dread to think how quick they'd wear out on the rears! The Dunlop Sport Maxx on my rears are still fine after 2.5 years with hardly any wear, grip not bad in the wet but I don't take her out in the snow

Edited by Voodoo Vix

I appreciate the awesomeness of MPSS's, but the OP did say not to break the bank - and according to Camskill Pilot Super Sports are the most expensive tyres (bar trackday tires) in the zed sizes.

what are opinions on other, cheaper alternatives? im thinking, in no particular order, Bridgestones, Dunlops, Vredesteins, Pirellis, Falkens, Toyos, Avons, Continentals.

Personally i'll be sticking with Falkens, they arent good in the freezing and snow, but what summer tyres are. but when the roads are warm and dry they work fine for me - and also seem fine in rain, assuming they have a decent amount of tread.

Falken 452/453's... the 452s ive got on just now have got enough grip, are fine at speed and braking is fairly good aswell. (take it from me at speed at 0C... they do the job just fine...as do the Brembos lol).If its greasy sometimes the back feels skitish in the very slightest way, but not when its raining strangley.

If you don't buy them off a website and just get them ordered your looking around £150 fitted for rears, £10ish cheaper for the fronts.But depends on the garage, could be slightly cheaper.

452s are sh*t and redundant now, 453s are allegedly much better and I'd give them a punt.

Personally I'd save up another couple of hundred quid and put the MPSS on, which you'll get back anyway as they're far harder wearing than any of the other options as well as giving you more grip and more feel.

Don't listen to Ekona...452s are fine :p lol But I did forget to mention those prices are for 453's...I'll be putting a set on once the 452's are done. Hoping there a bit better, I'll be happy if they are the same

Put it this way, if you have the MPSS on you'll be about 5% quicker than if you put the Falkens on. Work out how much it would cost you put 5% more power in the car (call it 15bhp) and see if you think the extra couple of hundred quid is worth it then. :)

Never mind they'll last you longer as well as stop you quicker and make the car more fun too...

• Like 2

Aw fine then :dry: lol... they wanted budgetish decent tyres. They'll still do you fine unless your keen to exploit the laws of physics to the very ..very fullest. Mines certainly get used and have never cause an issue with grip, stopping etc even in the cold. Shoot me down why don't ya..... lol

• Like 1

Camskill are doing an offer when buying two or more Michelin 17 " and above tyres

£50 Fuel gift card

http://www.camskill.co.uk/info/michelin-tyres-free-fuel-gift-card-money-saving-promotion-offer-discount-deal-voucher-code-coupon.php

On Blackcircles.com you can pay monthly, cost more in the end though

Tesco clubcard points too, which i've claimed before