Hi Everyone... (Again)

Hey Everyone, My Name's Dean and I joined this forum 5 years ago at the age of 18 looking for some information on 350z's

Now I'm a bit older I'm seriously looking at buying one, they've been my favourite car since I was at school, and now I'm hoping to finally get the car I've alwasy wanted.

So I've returned to this forum looking for advice on buying, owning and maintaining a 350z

Welcome to you Dean, now you're in a position to really consider getting a Zed you've come back to the right place. It's not a bad idea to use the Zeds you see for sale on the forum as a benchmark against anything you might be considering elsewhere, good luck with the search :)

Welcome :teeth: only had mine about a month now spend a long time looking & check the reviews of the places you find them as I found some great deals but when I checked the reviews of the places selling them they were slatted eventually found a 54 plate with 36000 miles & all the paperwork from the day of sale for just under £9000 ( cheaper on the road tax cause of the age even though I had to do a 700 mile round trip to test drive & pick up ) now in love with my ZED

Edited by Shane Brede

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome! Same age as you, and did the same thing at 18!

Any ideas what you're looking for yet?

Hi Mike, Seems we have a bit in common, I'm not too sure which model I want exactly, I've always loved the 350z but now I'm doing my research and looking into the different models, specs etc.

I've been looking at some of the later models 07/08 GT models with as many extras as possibles, particularly the rays wheels (which I think come standard on all GT's)

I know that the later models are the higher BHP, but is it worth going for the later models, or is it just as good to let an older model, perhaps an 04 GT? because aren't these lower tax or something?

I'm basically just doing my research and would appreciate anybodys advice, in particular which models you guys have and why?

Also how do you find your car, and problems? things to look out for, and running costs etc?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome! Same age as you, and did the same thing at 18!

Any ideas what you're looking for yet?

Hi Mike, Seems we have a bit in common, I'm not too sure which model I want exactly, I've always loved the 350z but now I'm doing my research and looking into the different models, specs etc.

I've been looking at some of the later models 07/08 GT models with as many extras as possibles, particularly the rays wheels (which I think come standard on all GT's)

I know that the later models are the higher BHP, but is it worth going for the later models, or is it just as good to let an older model, perhaps an 04 GT? because aren't these lower tax or something?

I'm basically just doing my research and would appreciate anybodys advice, in particular which models you guys have and why?

Also how do you find your car, and problems? things to look out for, and running costs etc?

I love the HR engine in mine (07+) but I can't comment if its worth the extra money over the older engine as I never actually test drove one - I presume someone else can fill you in on that :)

I know that the HR engine is apparently built to a lot higher tolerances (and can therefore be tuned a lot more) but other than that, not sure what difference it makes.

No real problems yet touch wood. Had 2 services now and first MOT will be coming up shortly. Tyres are quite expensive but you probably know that. MPG is quite low, but mine has pretty much followed the figures Nissan state.

Luckily the 350z doesn't have a massive option list, you're basically looking for either a non-GT or a GT (which has heated seats, cruise control and bose stereo); I believe all of the 07+ cars have Rays and Brembos as standard.

I would say just have a look on all the car sale sites, and look for your ideal car. I originally wanted a gunmetal one, but once I saw night blue with the frost leather I had to get it :)

Feel free to ask any specific questions!

I love the HR engine in mine (07+) but I can't comment if its worth the extra money over the older engine as I never actually test drove one - I presume someone else can fill you in on that :)

I know that the HR engine is apparently built to a lot higher tolerances (and can therefore be tuned a lot more) but other than that, not sure what difference it makes.

No real problems yet touch wood. Had 2 services now and first MOT will be coming up shortly. Tyres are quite expensive but you probably know that. MPG is quite low, but mine has pretty much followed the figures Nissan state.

Luckily the 350z doesn't have a massive option list, you're basically looking for either a non-GT or a GT (which has heated seats, cruise control and bose stereo); I believe all of the 07+ cars have Rays and Brembos as standard.

I would say just have a look on all the car sale sites, and look for your ideal car. I originally wanted a gunmetal one, but once I saw night blue with the frost leather I had to get it :)

Thanks for the reply Mike, I’ve been doing my research and I’m definitely going to go for a GT model, and a MY06 facelift (2006 onwards I believe). Purely for the reason that it has all of the following extras:-

MY06 - 297bhp VQ35DE rev-up (also available on the GT4 limited edition cars)

Grand Touring model introduced

Revised front end appearance

Enhanced interior

Standard Bi-Xenon (low and high beam) headlights

Bumper reflectors at a straighter angle

Orange strip in headlight vanished

LED taillights

Vehicle speed-sensitive power steering system

Standard 18-inch cast aluminum-alloy wheels

super lightweight 18-inch front/19-inch rear 5-spoke forged alloy wheels (Coupe only).

Manual Transmission models receive 300hp Rev-Up engine

GT Models include brembo brakes, rear spoiler (plus front spoiler on Coupe) and VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control)

Steering wheel controls standard

mp3-CD capability for the available Bose audio system

Satellite Radio available option

Refined optional navigation system

Exterior Changes:

Front Bumper

Headlights

Taillights

Whilst researching, I found this bit of information on the MY03 models (MY03 being between 2003 and 2006)

The VQ35DE 300HP/260TQ Rev-up engine that was introduced mid-year 2005 with 6-speed manual was offered for every trim now

Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) on all models

Driver seat front and rear lift

Reduced clutch pedal effort for manual transmission models

Down shift rev matching for automatic transmission models

Heated outside mirrors

Faster navigation system processor for improved route calculation times (for optional navigation system, Touring and 35th Anniversary model only)

So my question is, am I right in assuming that from 2005 onwards, ALL 350z had those extras as standard??

My other questions are

1) How do you find the running costs of the car? Petrol, Servicing, Tax etc.

2) Do you use normal petrol or premium unleaded?

3) What actually is the HR edition? and when was it available?

4) What are good things to look out for or lsiten to when test driving and buying one?

Answer to most of those will be in here :)

http://www.350z-uk.c...tential-buyers/

Just buy one, you won't regret it! (but make sure you pop premium in the tank ;) )

Tax is almost £200 cheaper on the pre-2006 ones at £270 a year (iirc)

Fuel isn't too bad... my trip shows 22 mpg usually. And I do lots of short trips too!

Edited by Louisa911

Thanks for the reply Mike, I’ve been doing my research and I’m definitely going to go for a GT model, and a MY06 facelift (2006 onwards I believe). Purely for the reason that it has all of the following extras:-

MY06 - 297bhp VQ35DE rev-up (also available on the GT4 limited edition cars)

Grand Touring model introduced

Revised front end appearance

Enhanced interior

Standard Bi-Xenon (low and high beam) headlights

Bumper reflectors at a straighter angle

Orange strip in headlight vanished

LED taillights

Vehicle speed-sensitive power steering system

Standard 18-inch cast aluminum-alloy wheels

super lightweight 18-inch front/19-inch rear 5-spoke forged alloy wheels (Coupe only).

Manual Transmission models receive 300hp Rev-Up engine

GT Models include brembo brakes, rear spoiler (plus front spoiler on Coupe) and VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control)

Steering wheel controls standard

mp3-CD capability for the available Bose audio system

Satellite Radio available option

Refined optional navigation system

Exterior Changes:

Front Bumper

Headlights

Taillights

Whilst researching, I found this bit of information on the MY03 models (MY03 being between 2003 and 2006)

The VQ35DE 300HP/260TQ Rev-up engine that was introduced mid-year 2005 with 6-speed manual was offered for every trim now

Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) on all models

Driver seat front and rear lift

Reduced clutch pedal effort for manual transmission models

Down shift rev matching for automatic transmission models

Heated outside mirrors

Faster navigation system processor for improved route calculation times (for optional navigation system, Touring and 35th Anniversary model only)

So my question is, am I right in assuming that from 2005 onwards, ALL 350z had those extras as standard??

My other questions are

1) How do you find the running costs of the car? Petrol, Servicing, Tax etc.

2) Do you use normal petrol or premium unleaded?

3) What actually is the HR edition? and when was it available?

4) What are good things to look out for or lsiten to when test driving and buying one?

Mine doesn't have tire pressure monitoring system, unless I've managed to miss that over the last year!

1) Servicing is fine, unless something breaks (standard!)

Tax on mine is £475 a year, cheaper on earlier models.

2) Always used premium, as it is what the car requires - not really a problem, it doesn't cost much more per tank.

3) Its an 06+ car with a 'brand' new engine (or nearly all new). It was available in 2007, and it identifiable by the different 'bulge' bonnet - have a look at some pics and you'll see.

4) Not sure of anything specific in a 350z to check for, im sure there are some threads in this forum to check!