After market steering wheel

mattfinch

Not having a dig but i've always wondered why anyone would want to swap their steering wheel and remove their airbag? It could save your life... :shrug:

+1 :shrug:

Fair enough if you "go racing" , but even for the occasional track day not worth it IMO

Not having a dig but i've always wondered why anyone would want to swap their steering wheel and remove their airbag? It could save your life... :shrug:

Still not sold on airbags in the steering wheel tbh

Seen it cause a lot of damage to people as well

I am no expert on airbags, but they have to be better than embedding your face in a steering wheel. Were all the people you have seen sitting too far forward or something? :shrug:

I am no expert on airbags, but they have to be better than embedding your face in a steering wheel. Were all the people you have seen sitting too far forward or something? :shrug:

The seatbelt should prevent you from hitting the steering wheel

I've just seen some video's and reports of people being injured by airbags due to their explosive nature

Stuff like this:

Edited by smudgedon

Whaaaat? Rather have an airbag go off in my face that splatter my brains all over the wheel!

The seatbelt should prevent you from hitting the steering wheel

I've just seen some video's and reports of people being injured by airbags due to their explosive nature

Stuff like this:

[media]https://www.youtube....JNzfAIV8[/media]

You should get a job designing cars! All these stupid car manufacturers who use airbags dont know wtf they're doing!

Also, you said that the seatbelt is designed to stop you from hitting the wheel, fair enough, the video you posted explains that the seatbelt failed to do its job in one instance... :shrug:

Edited by Dave-350

You need to drive a Z with a smaller wheel, it feels a lot more natural. Not to mention looking a lot better than the standard wheel.

Smudge, ill find the link later for you

You need to drive a Z with a smaller wheel, it feels a lot more natural. Not to mention looking a lot better than the standard wheel.

Smudge, ill find the link later for you

Ta :thumbs:

I want a smaller wheel thats thicker to hold onto

Used to have a chunky RS6 wheel in my S3 and loved it

I'm thinking of changing mine, more for the reasons, A) to bring the wheel closer to me using a wheel boss for when I'm in my harnesses, B) for a smaller diameter for easier handling of it (yes, I'm saying I prefer playing with small objects, yada yada... :lol: ) and C) so that when I leave the car parked up on the road at home I can take the wheel out using a removable boss, as it's a theft deterrent if the wheel is in my house.

However having said that, if I used my car a lot on the road I'd want to keep the standard one. A solid ring of steel with some high density foam and leather wrapped around it is going to do a lot of damage. I wouldn't want to hit my head on it at walking pace, let alone at car crash deceleration speeds.