Off to Dublin tomorrow with the Mrs! (At the concert)

Wasso

Can somebody recommend me a VERY GOOD curry house, price no problem as my Dad has treated me and the good lady for our Birthdays.

We're staying Bar side of the river, rather than the shopping side, but happy to Taxi anywhere in town to get a super curry.

We're staying 4 days, so happy to trial more than one ;)

Edited by Wasso

Akbar's on the Hagley road is nice mate. Might cost a bit in a taxi from Dublin though mate. (You didn't specify the curry house had to be in Dublin) :p

Have a great time on The Emerald Isle guys :thumbs:

Akbar's on the Hagley road is nice mate. Might cost a bit in a taxi from Dublin though mate. (You didn't specify the curry house had to be in Dublin) :p

Have a great time on The Emerald Isle guys :thumbs:

I thought you'd not read correctly when you said Hagley road :lol:

Cheers matey :thumbs:

Have a great weekend mate.

Thanks Will :thumbs:

Why go to Ireland for Curry...?

You go to Southall for Curry and Ireland for Bacon & Cabbage and Poteen..... :thumbs:

Well, I purchased for my other half tickets for Girls Aloud in Dublin, one of her favourite cities, and I thought may as well make a weekend of it. She's already seen them in Newcastle but as this is claimed to be their final tour, I thought she'd like the idea. That was until I realised it was slap bang in the middle of Paddy's day and the hotel prices are far from cheap. We did Dublin about 5 years ago and was about 10 mins from town, so this time to make life easier I thought within the drinking district would suit save getting Taxi's everywhere. Paying the price though at £170 a night.

We love a good curry and it'll be nice to dine in a preferred and recommended establishment whilst on our trip.

Funny you say Southall, we live in Brum, so we have a million and one curry houses up here. In fact I've even been given training in my local curry house to make the "takeaway" curry at home.

F5583B5E-EAED-4CB9-99C5-4751626DCA4C-4707-00000329B6207B8A.jpg

Thanks Mr G, I'll take a gander on there, never thought to get a web review.

Pics will follow when I return (hopefully of naked girls aloud) :lol:

Well, I purchased for my other half tickets for Girls Aloud in Dublin

Yeah yeah yeah. "For your other half", really??? I wondered who this CD belonged to when I found it in the car park after the last West Mids meet. Must've fell out your car mate when you were showing the engine bay off :lol:

T2eC16FHJGwE9nySdSDBRJ3JQrYhQ60_58_zpse878356e.jpg

I'll give it you back when I next see you. :thumbs:

Well, I purchased for my other half tickets for Girls Aloud in Dublin

Yeah yeah yeah. "For your other half", really??? I wondered who this CD belonged to when I found it in the car park after the last West Mids meet. Must've fell out your car mate when you were showing the engine bay off :lol:

T2eC16FHJGwE9nySdSDBRJ3JQrYhQ60_58_zpse878356e.jpg

I'll give it you back when I next see you. :thumbs:

Shhhhhhh :lol:

They're actually quite good in concert, was well impressed with their entrance I'm Newcastle. To be fair though we were both half cut by the time they came on :lol:

I'm not normally a "pop" kinda guy, but anything to please the good lady.

To be honest I've had some amazing dreams lately :lol: (I think I'm getting old) especially with a million 12 year olds in here.

Just bought second drink, that's now £20.80 already!!

(I'll get pics as they happen)

Oh dear hangover from hell.

We're just getting ready for breakfast and then out for Paddy's day celebrations.

Good show by the girls last night, Nadine looks as though she weighs about 4stone, and the others were looking great.

Report back later after about 9 pints!

ah crap if it'd known you be over I'd down a few pints with you! And I wouldn't have taken you to the tourist trap in Dubland either ;) one day I don't go out in Dublin is Paddys... lol

I didn't realise you're a local to Dublin. We will be back another time. Just in the hotel now after a nice juicy curry.

Paddy's day was cool but we didn't venture too far from the hotel from feeling a tad hungover.

We head back tomorrow at lunch time, but just can't belive the cost of things over here. Curry just cost us €52!!

Still we were here mainly for girls aloud which were wicked, apart from the expensive beer and the Audi club at €8,500 per annum. Must admit the docks area looks wicked for apartments.

Next time we're over we'll give you a shout :thumbs: