taras

Roof Vortex Generators  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

Interesting response so far.

As a styling mod I'm in two minds.

On it's own it sticks out. But on a black roof they look awesome!

I do wander if they actually work or make a noticeable difference?

Deadman you are a gent. But I actually have one already ;)

Edited by RT-Performance
  • Like 1

The market for these will be for a particular looking Zed . . anything that standard-ish looking just would not suit it. Agreed that they might look much better on a black car . . of have the vortex colour coded.

I didn't notice anything with mine, I just wanted more carbon on the car in all honesty. Once it started to get on for a year or so old you could see the resin was going yellow so I took it off. Mine was on a black roof and it did look quite nice, but it never looked "right", it was always missing something. When I walk past it in a pondering mood I'm often tempted to re-fit mine as now the car is lower and has more stuff it might look better, but then I see the yellowing and leave it there :lol:

As if sticking that on your roof will make a noticeable difference!? :wacko:

Not a fan myself, they dont look hideous but at the same dont do anything so ones of those mods I just wouldn't bother with and will always look like you've just robbed it off an FQ-400.

i think its becuase they have a distinguishable line between the part and the car. if they were blended on and painted to the colour of the car it might look more part of the car. but for me they look very stuck on, and break up the lines of the car, which i don;t think does it any favours.

No, like this roof spoiler though :) .

wing.jpg

Pete

That's awful... the whole car I mean, not just the roof spoiler... :yuck:

Definitely no for the vortex generators, unless you have a track car and it actually provides some kind of aero (Not the chocolate kind).

After having a look around to confirm, my understanding is that these tend to disrupt the airflow (as long as they have been well designed). This would reduce drag, but it would also increase lift - great if you're into rallying or drifting, not great otherwise.

If everyone hates it I will have one Taras?

No, like this roof spoiler though :) .

wing.jpg

Pete

That's awful... the whole car I mean, not just the roof spoiler... :yuck:

Definitely no for the vortex generators, unless you have a track car and it actually provides some kind of aero (Not the chocolate kind).

That looks like a stillen on the back window and it is marmite.

I think that car looks awsome.

I'm a fan of the stillen top spoiler and generally of that whole car pictured.

As for vortex generators, I didn't particularly like them when they came standard and even less so when every Clio owner started fitting them. Wouldn't mind actually finding out if they were actually functional.

• 1 month later...

I think with the vortex it sits too high I think if you could put it at the top of the window instead of on an already small roof it would look a lot better.

The thing is by putting it on a zed roof because it is domed it stands out way to much and makes the roof really small and out of proportion.

I've always been tempted to fit one of these as I think it would suit my car very well being black with carbon diffuser etc but just never got round to it lol do think they look really off on say a silver car tho as it would stick outline a sor thumb