Updated: Rays Finally Refurbed

Stutopia

Had such a good service from Bodytech Blackpool repairing some corrosion on panels

see here: http://www.350z-uk.c...espray-debadge/

that when they cooly mentioned the unsightly bulges on my Rays, I decided to get them refurbed. I had planned to do this anyway and I was on verge of trekking to Manchester for the job, but I'd quite like to send repeat business to Bodytech as they treated me very well. So that was the easy bit. Now the hard bit.

As mentioned my Zed is GM and I need to decide on a colour, the rude boy inside me is loving these cobalts.

Cobalt_zps91436f17.png

but the James Bond in me is loving these anthracites

IMG_1472_zps21f6461a.jpg

Opinions appreciated on either/both, and doubly so if you suggest a colour I hadn't considered which comes with a photo!

As always, thanks for any comments.

Oh and they finish in paint, not powdercoat, if anyone was wondering or indeed wants to comment on that choice or suggest a finish.

PS - do they do any old skool whitewall tyres that fit the zed? That'd be well Untouchables.

Edited by SuperStu

I think i'm right in saying your car is near standard except for the black burgers? I think the cobalt might be a step to far for a standard Zed and the anthracite is a little too similar to the car colour. Apart from black I don't think i'd bother changing colour, but prove me wrong :D

It s near standard, but I'm working on that! Just having some of the niggles resolved to bring her up to a decent standard before doing anything too interesting.

I've gone right off the blue, but warmed up to the anthracite. I'll keep on looking, there's no rush.

It might look well, but I keep thinking it'll be too much of one colour, red car red wheels, blue car blue wheels, just doesn't look right, I'm not even fussed on black car black wheels, although mine are pretty close being matt bronze.

• 2 months later...

So after seeing every picture of every wheel on the internet and getting a variety of quotes all across northern England, I went to my local place and dropped her off before I went to sunny Spain. As soon as the plane touched down in the UK this afternoon I got a text to say they were done. 5 minutes walk from the airport and I was greeted by my new wheels. I toyed with all kinds of colours from cobalt blue to matte black and everything in between, in the end I saw some in the shop, they lined 'em up with my Zed and I plumped something not dissimilar to stock, but a bit shinier and a lot less corroded. Hope you like them, if you don't please don't be too brutal! Ta.

Big thanks to http://alloyexpert.com in Blackpool (facebook page has more examples https://www.facebook.com/autoexpertblackpool) excellent service and really friendly & helpful. Recommended to me by several people and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them myself. I'll be going back soon enough for them to have a crack at refurbing my interior plastics.

P1020126_zps610ce0d7.jpg

P1020123_zps20f7db6b.jpg

IMG_1870_zps4de413fa.jpg

Whilst she was in I took the opportunity to have the mixed rubber taken off and replaced with super sports all round. Not cheap but after only 20 minutes drive I'm so impressed with them. The rubbs roads in Blackpool were causing quite a bit of tramlining with the potenzas, 40 (front) and 50 (rear), which seems to have disappeared and they are noticeably quieter. First impression is she feels nimbler, but not had a chance to see what they are like when pushed, but there's plenty of time for that! Popped the photo purely for whoring purposes as I quite liked it.

IMG_1875_zps0234865d.jpg

Thanks to Ekona for the extensive posts on tyres, I read quite a bit before stumping up my hard earned. I'd not really bothered much with tyres types on my first car (1.2 clio) and I was a little bit unsure at first with the considerable outlay, but very pleased. Cheers!

Edited by SuperStu

Wheels look great mate :)

I do however really REALLY like that cobalt blue on the Volks - shame my car is also blue as they wouldn't make the best combo!

I'd have gone blue if the rest of my Zed could have supported them, she needs to be a bit more busy on the outside to pull off wheels like that. Who knows what could happen when I get around to the exterior jobs???

Thanks all for +ve feedback!

Looks good. :)

Although you haven't bothered to say what the colour is...? for those in the same position as you were ;)

TBH I didn't ask, I just liked the look on the sample wheel next to my Zed and said I'll have that. On the facebook page it's described as chrome effect.